Audi Q5 Forum banner

Q5 lead time

54K views 541 replies 34 participants last post by  rifleman 
#1 ·
I am getting eventually my first Q5. Could someone please tell me what the approximate lead time is from the Sao Paulo plant to the UK dealer.

#326 ·
we didn’t receive info on the particular build-week (we didn’t ask either) - it sounds as though they have given you the right kind of overall expectations. It hasn’t seemed like a huge wait, particularly in comparison with some other brands.

We are looking forward to picking it up next week, should be fun :)

#327 ·
Sounds good. I told my dealer to just let me know when he had a date for arrival at the dealers but he said he always updates customers every 2-3 weeks. When I ordered, the tow bar option didn't have a date so it could be it does or doesn't have an impact.

VW told me 14 months!

#330 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Have Edition 1 TFSIe 50 on order (ordered Oct'22 - build week looking like June'23). I've seen a few references to people receiving email updates from Audi UK - do you have to sign up for these, or do they arrive automatically. My dealer has been pretty good at keeping me updated, but would be good to know I'm getting all the info! Feel free to point me to another thread if that's a better place to ask this question...

#331 ·
Hi, welcome to the forum.
we didn’t need to sign-up to anything special to receive the email updates from Audi UK, the first email we received was when the car entered the build-stage - so I’d guess your first one would be around June.

someone else may be able to add additional info.

#338 ·
Potentially a couple of weeks earlier but we'll see. When I ordered, the system suggested that week with the exception of the towbar. That was unknown at the time. The dealer said it could make it worse, unaffect it or even bring it forwards.

#341 ·
I’m quite surprised reading this thread. I ordered a new Q5 40 TDI sline plus in 14th of February and reading many deutch threads the lead time is between 6 and 9 months or more. Here I’m discovering that it should be less and I hope that so much.
I can only cross my fingers….

#342 ·
Welcome to the forum! Do you have a Q5 on order? 6-9 months would be longer than most have experienced in the UK recently although certain specifications could have longer waits.

#346 ·
The email from the factory said its in build phase but my dealer has confirmed week 14 (w/c 3rd April). I think I've a couple of weeks to wait until its done then delivery is suggested by the dealer to be an extra 5-6 weeks. He said expect it early/mid May.

#373 ·
At what stage did you receive any build info and from who, do you mind me asking? I ordered mine last month and haven't heard anything, other than an update from my dealer saying due to be built in June, with a delivery of September sometime.

#347 ·
Ordered my Q5 55 TFSIe in February 2022 (here in Belgium). On the order it says "Car will be delivered at the end February 2023 at the latest". We're almost April now and no car in sight.

Called dealership mid February myself because I hadn't heard anything from them since my order. Reply: "No car is not here and we'll contact Audi Belgium". A few days later: "we think it will arrive in June or July but we cannot guarantee it." They said problem is irregularity with parts delivered to the factory. The factory does not know exactly in advance what parts they will get and can only built the cars they have all parts for. So they can not tell me exactly when my new car will arrive.

So I'm already waiting more then a year now without any idea when my car will arrive with any certainty. It's frustrating and I think that after a year of waiting they should at least be able to give an exact date of when it will arrive instead of basically saying "check again with us in June/July and then we can probably give you a new estimate".

#348 ·
That’s must be frustrating. My has been in order well over a year now but is very close. It’s currently in Germany! I have just found out from my leasing company that I won’t have the matrix LED headlights. Has anyone else had this with a competition 55 TFSIe? I also don’t have a wireless charging mat which I am not really bothered about.
They have offered me £400 but I would rather have the lights! After having waited so long I am just happy it’s almost here.

#350 ·
You are experiencing lousy customer service. I ordered a 55 tfsi e and from order to delivery to me it took 10 months. The dealer can directly access the Audi customer sales computer and get you within a few minutes a build status. Going further, the Audi franchise can tell you quickly if there is a hold up and what is causing it. I have had the car from new since the beginning of August 2022. The only item not supplied was the wireless charging pad which I would not use anyway.