Audi Q5 Forum banner
141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,
I’m new to this forum and can’t tell you how much I’ve been looking for fellow Q5 orderers in the UK.

I ordered a Competition 55 TFSIe in Nov 2021 and had started to think that the order was never going to arrive, given that they’ve discontinued that model now.

MWCltd - has your car arrived now? What was your lead time from order to delivery?

My build status is still at 00. I was hoping to at least have been allocated a build week by now!

·
Premium Member
Ordered: Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Welcome to the forum. I ordered my 55 tfsi e Competition on the 20th October 2021. I heard nothing for about 6 months then it was stuck at stage 20. About 10 days ago I received an email from Audi UK to say that the car was fully built and tested and being put on a ship to Emden then on to another ship to the UK. From leaving the Sao Paolo factory it can take up to 8 weeks for the car to be handed over to the owner. At this point in time I should get the Q5 at the beginning of August.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I ordered my 55 tfsi e Competition on the 20th October 2021. I heard nothing for about 6 months then it was stuck at stage 20. About 10 days ago I received an email from Audi UK to say that the car was fully built and tested and being put on a ship to Emden then on to another ship to the UK. From leaving the Sao Paolo factory it can take up to 8 weeks for the car to be handed over to the owner. At this point in time I should get the Q5 at the beginning of August.
Thanks, that’s really helpful. I have heard nothing for about 7 months now (ordered in November 2021).

I’ll give the dealer a call to request the order number and ask Audi UK for a more detailed progress update.

If I managed to get the car a month or so after you, I’d be very happy but not sure if that’ll be the case!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Your dealer is only given basic tools to find the cars status. I ended up getting my order number, emailing Audi UK customer support then a day later I got a far more detailed status.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Similar here, ordered a Vorsprung Competition last Nov - so far zero progress :(

Good to see some hybrids are coming through; I suspect Vorsprung spec = more susceptible to chip related delays.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,
I’m new to this forum and can’t tell you how much I’ve been looking for fellow Q5 orderers in the UK.

I ordered a Competition 55 TFSIe in Nov 2021 and had started to think that the order was never going to arrive, given that they’ve discontinued that model now.

MWCltd - has your car arrived now? What was your lead time from order to delivery?

My build status is still at 00. I was hoping to at least have been allocated a build week by now!
Hi all,

I also ordered the same car in November 2021, was given an unconfirmed build week 41 a few weeks ago by the dealership. Asked for update from the dealership this week and was told the car did not have a confirmed build week. Following this I emailed Audi and was told that the car has an unconfirmed week 37 build and they will be able to update in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also ordered the same car in November 2021, was given an unconfirmed build week 41 a few weeks ago by the dealership. Asked for update from the dealership this week and was told the car did not have a confirmed build week. Following this I emailed Audi and was told that the car has an unconfirmed week 37 build and they will be able to update in a couple of weeks.
Thanks K76, that's interesting (and promising!).

Out of interest, did you email the standard email Audi UK address ([email protected])?

I tried calling them today and they were incredibly unhelpful so hopefully I'll get a better response via email.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I emailed them a couple of months ago when my car was on order and they just told me to speak to my dealer. 🙄

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
I don't know what factors enabled me to get a good result. I got my dealer involved and they helped. I have had Audi's for 39 years. Yes, the Q5 was built but waiting for a few components. Audi UK customer support are worse than useless. as they tow the party line and are totally incapable of thinking for themselves or establishing a relationship with the customer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks K76, that's interesting (and promising!).

Out of interest, did you email the standard email Audi UK address ([email protected])?

I tried calling them today and they were incredibly unhelpful so hopefully I'll get a better response via email.
I emailed the customer service email address. Told them I didn’t want passed back to the dealer. They have told me to get back in touch in a couple of weeks which is positive and is more than I have been getting from my dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, as expected, I got an utterly useless reply from Audi UK, asking me to speak to my dealer for any updates on my car.

I then asked if they had an idea of a typical lead time for a Q5/Q5 TFSIe and whether 12 months from my order date was still realistic but yet again got the same response about speaking to the dealer!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Its on a ship to Emden. Current estimate for handover is mid August. The gestation period for my Q5 will be 10 months. I have almost forgotten what colour I ordered.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Its on a ship to Emden. Current estimate for handover is mid August. The gestation period for my Q5 will be 10 months. I have almost forgotten what colour I ordered.
Will you try and wait to Sept 1st for 72 plate or have you a private plate to put on it?

Also, if you're taking out a PCP deal (and not paying it straight off) what has dealer said about the finance rate?

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
I have had a private plate for 38 years so I am not concerned when it is registered.

I have always used PCP and traded in my existing Audi. The dealer has agreed in writing that the equity on my current Q3 will not reduce from the valuation in October 2021 but I have yet to negotiate the finance rate on the Q5.

141 - 158 of 158 Posts