Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all,
I’m new to this forum and can’t tell you how much I’ve been looking for fellow Q5 orderers in the UK.

I ordered a Competition 55 TFSIe in Nov 2021 and had started to think that the order was never going to arrive, given that they’ve discontinued that model now.

MWCltd - has your car arrived now? What was your lead time from order to delivery?

My build status is still at 00. I was hoping to at least have been allocated a build week by now!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I ordered my 55 tfsi e Competition on the 20th October 2021. I heard nothing for about 6 months then it was stuck at stage 20. About 10 days ago I received an email from Audi UK to say that the car was fully built and tested and being put on a ship to Emden then on to another ship to the UK. From leaving the Sao Paolo factory it can take up to 8 weeks for the car to be handed over to the owner. At this point in time I should get the Q5 at the beginning of August.
Thanks, that’s really helpful. I have heard nothing for about 7 months now (ordered in November 2021).

I’ll give the dealer a call to request the order number and ask Audi UK for a more detailed progress update.

If I managed to get the car a month or so after you, I’d be very happy but not sure if that’ll be the case!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also ordered the same car in November 2021, was given an unconfirmed build week 41 a few weeks ago by the dealership. Asked for update from the dealership this week and was told the car did not have a confirmed build week. Following this I emailed Audi and was told that the car has an unconfirmed week 37 build and they will be able to update in a couple of weeks.
Thanks K76, that's interesting (and promising!).

Out of interest, did you email the standard email Audi UK address ([email protected])?

I tried calling them today and they were incredibly unhelpful so hopefully I'll get a better response via email.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, as expected, I got an utterly useless reply from Audi UK, asking me to speak to my dealer for any updates on my car.

I then asked if they had an idea of a typical lead time for a Q5/Q5 TFSIe and whether 12 months from my order date was still realistic but yet again got the same response about speaking to the dealer!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have received an email from Audi to say that my Q5 is wrapped up and on a ship to the UK. If I get it next month it will be 10 months from order placement at Wakefield Audi.
This is great news! I’m sure the 10-month wait will be worth it.

Still getting 00 build status on my Nov 2021 order. Looks like a 10-month wait is out of the question for me. If I even get the car this year, I’ll be surprised!

·
Registered
13 Posts
@mwcltd - what was the lead time between build date and delivery date?

For the first time in 8 months, the status of my order has changed to an ‘estimated’ build date in mid-October.

My dealer expects it to take around 4 months before it’ll then be delivered in the UK.

I’m definitely glad to see the status updated but it implies a big difference in delivery timelines, considering I only ordered a month afterwards.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The lead time between the actual build date and sailing from Mexico was 6 weeks. The main reason for this was component shortages. My estimated build date was initially week 4 2022. This was then confirmed to week 22 2022. The time taken from Mexico to Germany was just under 4 weeks. I should get the Q5 in under 2 weeks.
Thanks, that’s really helpful. Hopefully I’ll get my Q5 before the year is out.

Also 2 weeks is really soon, you must be excited!

It’s been a long wait but it’ll be worth it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wakefield Audi have just informed me that the Q5 is on a car transporter to the dealer. The 10 month wait is almost over.
This is great news, mwcltd!

Do you know if the spec of the car matches exactly to what you’ve ordered?

I’ve been reading that the wireless charger may be back, even though it wasn’t available at the time of order.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went to inspect my new Q5 hybrid yesterday and the only item missing was the wireless charging mat which I can't use and don't care about. My sales person told me that on Q5's there were problems a year ago but these have gone with deliveries in the last 6 months. What she did say was that the big problems are with the Q3 with all sorts of functionality being removed or replaced. After checking there are no Q5 hybrid battery supply problems but there are with pure EV's. Don't be put off by the estimated build week. As it gets closer they will allocate an allocated build week which could be earlier.
Great news and glad the spec matches what you ordered!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went to inspect my new Q5 hybrid yesterday and the only item missing was the wireless charging mat which I can't use and don't care about. My sales person told me that on Q5's there were problems a year ago but these have gone with deliveries in the last 6 months. What she did say was that the big problems are with the Q3 with all sorts of functionality being removed or replaced. After checking there are no Q5 hybrid battery supply problems but there are with pure EV's. Don't be put off by the estimated build week. As it gets closer they will allocate an allocated build week which could be earlier.
Did you collect your car this week? How is it and has it been worth the wait?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I believe they are all made in the same factory. Update was from the dealer which allegedly came from Audi UK. This was after I complained to Audi at the lack of info from my dealer.
The dealer also told me that there is an issue with the supply of the Qfsie 55 Competition model which ordered.
I have started looking for alternatives as not convinced I will ever take delivery of the car.
Don't give up hope just yet!

I ordered a Q5 TFSIe Competition in November 2021 and have finally been given an 'estimated' build week.

It's not a confirmed build week but it's the first change in status I've seen in 8 months so it seems like there is some progress.

Hang in there... your car may not be far behind!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too was given an estimated build week (week 41 which was then changed 37) a few weeks ago but latest updates now don’t mention it….
What is you estimated build week?
Really don’t want to cancel.
It got moved from Week 40 to Week 44 and back to Week 40 again.

I won’t get too excited just yet but hopefully I’ll get that confirmed build week soon!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Q5 TFSIe still has an estimated build week of 4 weeks’ time.

I’m hoping that it doesn’t change now that it’s so close.

@K75 - given your order date is similar to mine, I wouldn’t be surprised if your car also gets built around the same time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts