Audi Q5 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you order a special configuration or one with a sunroof?
It's indeed the platinum package with a sunroof and the adaptive cruise etc. However back in September (after first delay) those options were not listed as restrictive options (only the trailer hitch which I removed from the configuration to be replaced by a aftermarket one).

·
Premium Member
Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
In the UK over the last 2 years the sunroof has been a stop/start option. One of the reasons that the Vorsprung model was removed from the UK price list was the sunroof. Adaptive cruise was never a showstopper but it did delay certain Q5's. In the UK there isn't now a user Audi car tracker. However, your dealer or the local Audi sales office have access to the Audi sales computer where, given your Audi order number, the status can be obtained for your car. Over the last 2 years configuring an Audi has been like playing whack-a-mole.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I have also ordered an Audi Q5 TFSIe in Belgium Sep. 2021 with estimated time of delivery end of November 2022.
At this very moment my dealer told me he could not see a production date in the system as they are about to schedule production to model year 2023.
Main reason of the long lead time should be the Panoramic Roof.
Who knows by the end of this year or start of 2023.... hopefully it's worth the long waiting time :)

Grtz

·
Registered
55 Posts
You deserve a medal for patience! Enjoy the collection experience and getting hands on with your new Q5! 😎

·
Registered
2021 Audi Q5 S line 50 tfsie with Comfort & Sound pack and Panoramic Sunroof
28 Posts
Wakefield Audi have just informed me that the Q5 is on a car transporter to the dealer. The 10 month wait is almost over.
Excellent, looking forward to your initial impressions as, if I remember correctly, you are coming also from a Q3 like myself. Mine is the lower powered 50 tfsie but still well pleased with it 😀.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wakefield Audi have just informed me that the Q5 is on a car transporter to the dealer. The 10 month wait is almost over.
This is great news, mwcltd!

Do you know if the spec of the car matches exactly to what you’ve ordered?

I’ve been reading that the wireless charger may be back, even though it wasn’t available at the time of order.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
Thank you all for your support. I am going to Wakefield Audi on Monday to confirm the specification and have the Snooper cable remove from the Q3. If all is okay then I collect the Q5 on Thursday afternoon. Once I have checked on the supplied specification then I will report back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,
I have also ordered an Audi Q5 TFSIe in Belgium Sep. 2021 with estimated time of delivery end of November 2022.
At this very moment my dealer told me he could not see a production date in the system as they are about to schedule production to model year 2023.
Main reason of the long lead time should be the Panoramic Roof.
Who knows by the end of this year or start of 2023.... hopefully it's worth the long waiting time :)

Grtz

Hi,

I spoke to my dealer this weekend and there is no issue with the panoramic roof as they double checked this matter. The main issue is the hybrid system (and more specifically shortage on the battery supply). The current expected building week for the car is January-23 but still not confirmed.

Best
Nils

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
I went to inspect my new Q5 hybrid yesterday and the only item missing was the wireless charging mat which I can't use and don't care about. My sales person told me that on Q5's there were problems a year ago but these have gone with deliveries in the last 6 months. What she did say was that the big problems are with the Q3 with all sorts of functionality being removed or replaced. After checking there are no Q5 hybrid battery supply problems but there are with pure EV's. Don't be put off by the estimated build week. As it gets closer they will allocate an allocated build week which could be earlier.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went to inspect my new Q5 hybrid yesterday and the only item missing was the wireless charging mat which I can't use and don't care about. My sales person told me that on Q5's there were problems a year ago but these have gone with deliveries in the last 6 months. What she did say was that the big problems are with the Q3 with all sorts of functionality being removed or replaced. After checking there are no Q5 hybrid battery supply problems but there are with pure EV's. Don't be put off by the estimated build week. As it gets closer they will allocate an allocated build week which could be earlier.
Great news and glad the spec matches what you ordered!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I spoke to my dealer this weekend and there is no issue with the panoramic roof as they double checked this matter. The main issue is the hybrid system (and more specifically shortage on the battery supply). The current expected building week for the car is January-23 but still not confirmed.

Best
Nils
Hi Nils,
Thank you for the update. According to my dealer yesterday, production for my car is not foreseen for 2022 anymore, so I guess I follow your timeline...
You have ordered in May 2021 and taking into account that delivery will take place 2 months after production, this would mean March 2023 for you?
Mine was ordered in September 2021, so that would mean July or 22 months delivery term, this is unbelievable!!
Did you have special options or? Keep us informed once you building week is confirmed.

BR/Bart

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Nils,
Thank you for the update. According to my dealer yesterday, production for my car is not foreseen for 2022 anymore, so I guess I follow your timeline...
You have ordered in May 2021 and taking into account that delivery will take place 2 months after production, this would mean March 2023 for you?
Mine was ordered in September 2021, so that would mean July or 22 months delivery term, this is unbelievable!!
Did you have special options or? Keep us informed once you building week is confirmed.

BR/Bart
Hi Bart, indeed landing is estimated at c. 6-8weeks after building week so if they would organize delivery based on order date this could mean indeed July 23 for your order. Hopefully, they will be able to accelerate production in the meantime. I agree the delivery/waiting time on the car is unbelievable. Please note car dealer also didn't want to commit to the Jan-23 building week (which has been in my case postponed 4x times so far (from Mar22 we are now at Mar23)) so I'm not putting much confidence in the Jan-23 explanation.

Regarding the options, I went for the platinum package and additional options on driver assistance apart from exterior/interior design options/packages. The option shouldn't be blocking and/or delaying the delivery time based on the details in the system.

Unfortunately, due to the exceptional long waiting time, I'm currently looking at alternative options (such as stock cars) but probably will not be a Q5 (or even maybe not an Audi :-( ) as audi BE import does not give or provide any temporary solution/compensation for the increasing delivery time. I'm currently on a short-term rental and it's getting quite expensive....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Bart, indeed landing is estimated at c. 6-8weeks after building week so if they would organize delivery based on order date this could mean indeed July 23 for your order. Hopefully, they will be able to accelerate production in the meantime. I agree the delivery/waiting time on the car is unbelievable. Please note car dealer also didn't want to commit to the Jan-23 building week (which has been in my case postponed 4x times so far (from Mar22 we are now at Mar23)) so I'm not putting much confidence in the Jan-23 explanation.

Regarding the options, I went for the platinum package and additional options on driver assistance apart from exterior/interior design options/packages. The option shouldn't be blocking and/or delaying the delivery time based on the details in the system.

Unfortunately, due to the exceptional long waiting time, I'm currently looking at alternative options (such as stock cars) but probably will not be a Q5 (or even maybe not an Audi :-( ) as audi BE import does not give or provide any temporary solution/compensation for the increasing delivery time. I'm currently on a short-term rental and it's getting quite expensive....
Hi Nils,
Seems your configuration matches more or less mine.
Do you know as from when you can cancel your order (meaning after how many time, when the delay goes overdue, from the ETA mentioned by order) is that 3 or 6 months or...?
Have a similar situation, my current lease ends November this year, this would mean that I have to find an intermediate solution for 8 months o_O:unsure: , do not know if I am willing to wait that long.
BR/Bart

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pleased to see some UK guys are getting their hybrids soon :). Those EU deliveries are outrageously delayed, no way I could wait that long.

Personally, I have given up after 8 months and still no estimated build week - order cancelled.

I have now ordered a Mazda CX60 so will save a chunk of £££ vs the 55 Vorsprung too. Maybe back to Audi when I go full BEV, we'll see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Nils,
Seems your configuration matches more or less mine.
Do you know as from when you can cancel your order (meaning after how many time, when the delay goes overdue, from the ETA mentioned by order) is that 3 or 6 months or...?
Have a similar situation, my current lease ends November this year, this would mean that I have to find an intermediate solution for 8 months o_O:unsure: , do not know if I am willing to wait that long.
BR/Bart
The dealer already offered two time I can cancel the order at any time without any costs. At the time I was able to order at the listprice which now went up by c.€4k (and have quite some discounts received).

Regarding the cancellation In EU if suppliers fails to deliver in appropriate time you can cancel your order. Also they are actually obliged to pay a compensation for the incurred losses as they have postponed the delivery >2times (so by law there is no argument for "force majeur" also because deliveries in other countries are still ongoing).

Herebelow T&C (in Dutch)
Font Number Circle Paper Paper product

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Everyone has had issues with Q5's delivered from the production line. The dealer can only tell you what Audi tell them. When you ordered your Q5 did your dealer give you a tentative manufacturing date? Audi know from experience that from the factory to the dealer takes between 6 and 8 weeks. There is no point in wasting energy as regards the Q5. Nothing you say or do will accelerate the process. The Audi dealers can sell every new car they can get hold of so this is not leverage. So, you either wait, find a Q5 in stock or go to another manufacturer who will have exactly the same problems as Audi. The dealer will not care if they have to give a small amount of compensation due to late delivery or cancellation as they will make this back on the next purchaser of your Q5.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Everyone has had issues with Q5's delivered from the production line. The dealer can only tell you what Audi tell them. When you ordered your Q5 did your dealer give you a tentative manufacturing date? Audi know from experience that from the factory to the dealer takes between 6 and 8 weeks. There is no point in wasting energy as regards the Q5. Nothing you say or do will accelerate the process. The Audi dealers can sell every new car they can get hold of so this is not leverage. So, you either wait, find a Q5 in stock or go to another manufacturer who will have exactly the same problems as Audi. The dealer will not care if they have to give a small amount of compensation due to late delivery or cancellation as they will make this back on the next purchaser of your Q5.
Agreed, I'm not here to shoot the messenger (dealers) as this is a global Audi problem.
That being said, it's more the inconvenience and promises that are frustrating.

You can't argue that a delay of more than 12 months compared to the initial building week is just exorbitant (which was at the time ETA of 8-10 months). On top of that, there is no other solution available as a result of the supply issues (for over 6 months there are almost no hybrid stock cars available across Belgium) is just frustrating as a customer/enthusiast apart from the financial impact it has.

Best
Nils

181 - 200 of 216 Posts