Audi Q5 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
The only feature mine missed out on was wireless charging in the centre console. A slight annoyance but not a deal breaker.

·
Premium Member
Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
I have received an email from Audi to say that my Q5 is wrapped up and on a ship to the UK. If I get it next month it will be 10 months from order placement at Wakefield Audi.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have received an email from Audi to say that my Q5 is wrapped up and on a ship to the UK. If I get it next month it will be 10 months from order placement at Wakefield Audi.
This is great news! I’m sure the 10-month wait will be worth it.

Still getting 00 build status on my Nov 2021 order. Looks like a 10-month wait is out of the question for me. If I even get the car this year, I’ll be surprised!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great news! I picked my Q5 up 14 days after receiving that email 😊

·
Registered
2022 Audi Q5 40 TDi S Line District Green (not yet arrived....)
14 Posts
Ordered my Q5 (My first!) on 11th April 22. Initial expected delivery date on the order form is 30 September..... I've read elsewhere that I can check the status of my order online, but can't seem to find out where - can anyone help?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ordered my Q5 (My first!) on 11th April 22. Initial expected delivery date on the order form is 30 September..... I've read elsewhere that I can check the status of my order online, but can't seem to find out where - can anyone help?
Unfortunately the online updates of orders no longer exist. All you will get are a couple of emails at key stages from Audi U.K. For example build complete or on a ship to the U.K. Your dealer can give you a status from the system but it’s a pretty broad brush answer. Mine took 18 weeks from February to June this year but added options or specification can vary the lead time.

Reactions: mattbrx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unfortunately the online updates of orders no longer exist. All you will get are a couple of emails at key stages from Audi U.K. For example build complete or on a ship to the U.K. Your dealer can give you a status from the system but it’s a pretty broad brush answer.
Thanks - I feared that was likely the case, but thanks for clearing it up. I've had nothing from the dealer yet, so I'll have to sit tight :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
For those of you that are shortly to receive your cars, if you are taking out a PCP deal, what interest are you being charged?

I ordered when the rate was 2.9% (July 2021), but when it arrived they wanted to charge me the 6.3% current at the time (April this year).
After a bit of a standoff I actually signed up to 6.3% but the dealer reduced the price of the car so that my monthly payments and final price were the same as on 2.9%.

Worth having a 'frank' discussion with your dealer if you are likely to be in a similar position.

Reactions: mattbrx

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
What a coincidence. I am about to receive my Q5 55 tfsi e in about 2 weeks. I am purchasing on PCP and I ordered the car in October 2021. My dealer has already offered further discount to make the monthly payments identical. I don't know if it helped but I have purchased Audi's from this dealer for the last 22 years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
@mwcltd - what was the lead time between build date and delivery date?

For the first time in 8 months, the status of my order has changed to an ‘estimated’ build date in mid-October.

My dealer expects it to take around 4 months before it’ll then be delivered in the UK.

I’m definitely glad to see the status updated but it implies a big difference in delivery timelines, considering I only ordered a month afterwards.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
The lead time between the actual build date and sailing from Mexico was 6 weeks. The main reason for this was component shortages. My estimated build date was initially week 4 2022. This was then confirmed to week 22 2022. The time taken from Mexico to Germany was just under 4 weeks. I should get the Q5 in under 2 weeks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Reached out to my Audi dealer today (I have a Q2 on order for my wife, and a Q5 on order for me - both ordered together on 11th April 2022). At time of ordering, expected delivery date on the Q2 (made in Germany) was end of October 2022. At time of ordering, expected delivery date on the Q5 was 30th September. After reading some of the horror stories on here, thought I'd reach out to my Audi dealer - so far I've only had a single initial auto email from the factory at the start of the Q2 journey, but nothing at all from the Q5. Well, his update today is that the Q2 is ahead of schedule (they were expecting it to be delivered next week! but its missing a part and expected delivery is now end of August / start of September. More accurate update on the Q5 - expected build week is week 34 (3 weeks time) (which hasn't changed since ordering it, but they didn't tell me the build week when I ordered it.) Audi dealer says its can be 12 weeks to get here after that, but the Q5's they have coming through at the moment are a little bit quicker than that, and he expects the end of September into mid-October for the Q5 is still realistic! So that's good news. I'll keep you posted. (Q5 is a standard spec 40 TDi S-Line, just with some bigger wheels - no fancy extras so maybe that's why its still progressing as expected?)

·
Registered
12 Posts
The lead time between the actual build date and sailing from Mexico was 6 weeks. The main reason for this was component shortages. My estimated build date was initially week 4 2022. This was then confirmed to week 22 2022. The time taken from Mexico to Germany was just under 4 weeks. I should get the Q5 in under 2 weeks.
Thanks, that’s really helpful. Hopefully I’ll get my Q5 before the year is out.

Also 2 weeks is really soon, you must be excited!

It’s been a long wait but it’ll be worth it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

I ordered my Q5 50tfsie (Belgium) back in May-21 and still waiting on delivery. The cardealer (well know big car dealer) can't give any updates and my building week has been postponed (5x times). First ETA was back in Sept-21, then Dec-21, then Apr-22, then Nov-22 and now would was confirmed at Sept-22 (however as the buildingweek is still unknown it will be likely postponed once again).

I'm pretty annoyed about the communication from VW group and car dealer - 2 months ago I received a confirmation that building week was confirmed in the first week of August however last week I reached out to my car dealer to check whether this was still the case. Annoyingly/Unfortunately the cardealer couldn't confirm the building week once again.
Anyone else encountering this kind of delays (+12months) which does not make sense in terms of backlog delays of deliveries. It's costing me a lot of money in terms of short term rentals.

I know Belgium is not listed as a priority market but already waiting >15months is quite crazy :( and I don't understand the delay when comparing to historical delivery data in Western Europe. Since start of Covid only a delay (backorder delay in deliveries) of c.1.5months would have been buildup. (see below based on marketdata).

Product Rectangle Azure Slope Plot

Identical conclusion if looking at the data of Audi deliveries (publication of VW Group)

Rectangle Product Azure Slope Font

161 - 180 of 216 Posts