Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
While I was in the US last year I got to try out a Tesla Model S. Amazing car...really enjoyed it. But I suspect it worked that well because it was designed, from the ground up, to be an all electric vehicle. I've driven one hybrid and that was a Cayenne. Unfortunately, it just didn't make sense and felt odd. I don't think I would drive a Hybrid. I do think I will one day own an all electric though.

·
Registered
503 Posts
If it looked as good as my S-Line plus, then yes as I love Hybrid technology, but looking the way the Hybrid Q5 looks with its low ride height and odd looking wheels, then no.

Before I bought my Q5 I was so close to buying a Lexus CT200h as I absolutely loved the Hybrid technology and its fuel economy was amazing, but the ride was appalling and it was too cramped. I decided in the end that It would be another Audi for me, but not another A3, so I bought the Q5 and I love it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just think its all wrong as the development and build costs out way the conventional cars, what about getting rid of them in years to come with the battery. We may be pushed to purchase these remote controlled cars but at present I will stick with my oil burner and keep me in a job looking for oil.

Doug

·
Registered
120 Posts
Me neither...yet. I'm mostly on the motorways and A roads and from what I understand about the current hybrids i don't think I'd reap much benefit from the electric side of things.

·
Registered
119 Posts
No

·
Registered
289 Posts
It's interesting but is it actually any more economical? I think these early exercises in Hybrid technology are good and it's great that there are early adopters in this market segment but like most things of this sort I'll be waiting a little while yet before I dive in. Anyway - from what I can gather this hybrid is more like a KERS system so you've got a lot of added overtaking grunt when you want it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts