Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Looking to change vehicle and the Q5 has taken my fancy.
Like the driving position and the way it feels around me.
Not used to an Automatic, but that will come with a few miles under the belt.
Simply can't afford a "new" car, but looking at maybe 2017 model or newer.
Title says it really - if you were buying a new (to you) vehicle, would you get a Q5?

What should I be looking out for?
What are the questions I should be asking?
Anything I should be aware of when owning a Q5?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have now owned three Q5’s over the years mk1 & mk2’s. Have loved them all. I would go for the mk2 which is great. Try to go for as high a spec as you can afford. The comfort pack which includes B&O plus revering camera is worth having. I have found the auto box great and would now never go back to a manual. There are loads out there if you are prepared to travel. Personally I would keep off 20/21” wheels, but try them first.
Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my ‘18 Prestige yesterday. Upgraded from an A5 P+. It’s amazing and very comfortable. Optioned out, it’s unlike anything I’ve ever driven. Best part— it’s MINE! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input.

Would you be concerned about mileage?
If so, at what point would mileage become a concern for you?

I'm looking at diesel, and have had many high milers (I do about 18k pa), so not frightened per say, but no experience of Audi.

Budget is £25-£28k.
Should I be looking at s-line spec as a base?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks for the input.

Would you be concerned about mileage?
If so, at what point would mileage become a concern for you?

I'm looking at diesel, and have had many high milers (I do about 18k pa), so not frightened per say, but no experience of Audi.

Budget is £25-£28k.
Should I be looking at s-line spec as a base?
Nothing wrong with highish mileage as the diesel engine is pretty robust. Generally there are more s line models than the slightly lower spec sport model available as they are more popular.

I would have thought for your budget you should get a decent low mileage (less than 21k), though used car prices have increased significantly recently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts