Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've just got my new Q5 S Line Plus and trying to figure out all the MMI settings. I can see an option to connect to a WLAN hot spot within the car but when ever I try and connect from my iphone it never makes a connection. I have enabled the WLAN hot spot and my iphone can see the Audi SSID and I'm sure I am entering the correct key. Anybody any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Also what functionality will this give me when I do connect? FYI I have not ordered any additional media option apart form the standard you now get with the S Line plus - which is the technology pack high.

Thanks

·
Banned
842 Posts
I'm sure I've read that if your iphone is connected over bluetooth you cannot use the data connection also due to the RSAP profile of the iPhone, perhaps that the issue? Have you tried turning the bluetooth connection off?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chopper,

Yes I first tried it without bluetooth enabled and still it didn't connect. I'll give it a go again this evening though as the last few times I have tried bluetooth has been up.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
You need to have bought this option too:

9ZW

Mobile telephone preparation - High with Audi connect. A mobile phone can be connected to the internal UMTS (3G)
module via Bluetooth (provided the mobile telephone has SIM Access Profile1), or alternatively through the additional
SIM card reader2. It is possible to transfer phone book entries to car and manage call lists. Audi connect features
include: navigation using Google Earth images and Google Street View, destination entry via Google Maps or myAudi,
online point of interest search and information services such as weather forecasts and the latest world news. Audi
connect also includes Audi traffic information online, which gives accurate real-time forecasts of the traffic situation
along the chosen route. The traffic situation can be displayed on the navigation map or Google Earth image. Audi
connect can also create a Wi-Fi hotspot in the car for convenient Internet access using a mobile device (e.g. laptop or
tablet)3. Many Audi connect features can be simply operated via the MMI Navigation Plus, the multi-function steering
wheel or the voice control system. Only in combination with Technology package (WB7)

£350...

·
Banned
842 Posts
I'm guessing this is similar to bluetooth that if you dont spec it at order all the kit is there just the module disabled, I wonder if it can be activated by VCDS?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, ok, shame. That's weird though as I can activate the WLAN and my phone can see it, but just can't connect. I might enquire about getting Audi Connect enabled then if possible, unless I can do it by VCDS - how would I go about that?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Reactions: NeilMacK

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes my iphone 4s meets the requirements. After reading that I don't think I need Audi Connect to be able to connect to the WLAN.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts