Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get a set of these to compliment my summer 20"s. Where do you reckon the best place to get them from? how much? discount from car supplying dealer or independant VAG parts company?
What sort of discount do you think I would get from an Audi parts counter?

I will have to try and order these totes as well - will make my garage look the part!!!!
http://microsites.audiusa.com//ngw/10/m ... ochure.pdf

(bottom left page 2
)
kc

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes I am also thinking about winter wheels as snowy weather continues. Q5 due April so I don't have the benefit of an owners manual at the moment. Audi have quoted over ?1600 for additional 17" alloys - no tires - which is plain ridiculous

Does anyone have the spec for 17? wheels, as most of the sites do not list the Q5.

17? 8J rims , 5 bolts with 112 mm center, Offset ???, Center Bore ???

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here in Switzerland, I got myself 17x7 Ronal ET37 rims with 235/65 Pirelli Scorpion tyres. They are a bit bland after my 20" 7 spokes summer wheels, but with the amount of snow we've had, I'm very happy to have them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For the 17" Winter tyre alloys the UK part number is Part No: 8R0 071 497 A 8Z8. I called M25 Audi (watford) who were a bit clueless to be perfectly honest but finally managed to price each alloy at approx ?370 inc VAT.

My car is on order with 5 Oaks in Billingshurst and I also asked my sales guy to provide quote to which his email response is -

"..The winter wheels apparently aren?t that simple, when the car has a chassis number we have to contact Audi for the costs as it is a safety issue."

So I think I'm going to hold tight and see if there are any deals to be done, otherwise just get a good quality aftermarket alloy. I know that Ronal make the factory alloys for Merc ML class and many others so quality shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Worth looking at http://www.borbet.de. Change the language to English (if necessary) and have a look at their wheel configurator which know about the Q5.

If you want to get prices , order etc. you can call Race and Road http://www.raceandroad.com/ on 08707662686 They are UK agents for both Borbet and Ronal alloys. A number of the Borbet alloys I looked at have TUV approval for the Q5, which adds some assurance.

Most sets come in around the ?600 mark. I have a set of 17x8 CC' design on order - should be here next week along with a set of Vredestein Wintrac 4 xtreme from mytires. Then all I have to do is wait for the next hard winter.

If SODs law is working you can bet we (UK) are in for 6 years of mild winters. Still I understand that winder tire are better (stopping distances) than summer tires at temperatures below 7C.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Shunter
The winter wheel and tyre package comes complete
I am paying ?256 + vat for each wheel/tyre complete & ?25 + vat each for the bags, bothe from Chelmsford Audi

KC

·
Registered
77 Posts
Interesting just about what I will pay. I will Audi in the UK could get it's act together. Guildford Audi quoted me "Wheel costs ?354.37 each +VAT (tyre not included)" so I would have been looking at ?2200. :-<

Could not find any Audi source via the Internet apart from on the continent.

G

·
shunter said:
PS can anyone tell me if the Q5 comes with a jack if you don't have the collapsible spare wheel option?
Shunter,

Yes, the Q5 does come with a jack even if there's no spare wheel, as the handbook recommends that the front and rear tyres are swapped regularly.

Mac

·
Registered
77 Posts
So will the jack lift both front and back wheels off the ground so you can swap them over? Otherwise I can not see how you would do the swap without a spare.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My dealer recommended most harshly that if you did not buy the collapsible spare wheel you may live to regret it !

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mac said:
shunter said:
PS can anyone tell me if the Q5 comes with a jack if you don't have the collapsible spare wheel option?
Shunter,

Yes, the Q5 does come with a jack even if there's no spare wheel, as the handbook recommends that the front and rear tyres are swapped regularly.

Mac
Oh really?? All my cars for years have had bigger tyres on the back...are the q5 same all round?

How often should you swap them? Just to lengthen life/even wear?

G

·
All the tyres are the same dimension.

It does not mention a specific time for swapping the tyres in the manual, but I intend to swap them every six months.

Mac

G

·
In theory you should swap them every 3k. I'm on 10k+ and I haven't bothered yet. Maybe next time when it's at the dealer's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts