Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4x GENUINE AUDI Q5 18" SE ALLOY WHEELS IN FANTASTIC CONDITION FITTED WITH NOKIAN WR G2 SUV 235/60/R18 WINTER/SNOW TYRES. ALL FOUR CENTRE CAPS ARE INCLUDED.

No Noticeable Scuffs or Damage - These Are In Excellent used condition, tyres are practically brand new with 8mm tread all round.

These would be an ideal winter wheel set or an upgrade for standard models with 17" wheels, although WR G2 is a snow rated they are suitable for all year use if you prefer.

£1200 ono cash on collection from Stourbridge, DY8 or alternatively a courier could be organised by yourselves (£30 off ebay).

PM me for details - image supplied is of wheels with previous Continental tyres for illustration purposes.

Tyres spec: http://www.nokiantyres.com/tyre?id=11195214&group=2.01&name=Nokian+WR+G2+SUV

Attachments

• 549.4 KB Views: 71

·
Banned
842 Posts
Why you selling them mate?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Mrs has just bought an old Mercedes ML so I'll be using that if they snow arrives plus we just had the garage coverted to a home office and I don't have the space to store a full set - are you interested?

·
Banned
842 Posts
The Mrs has just bought an old Mercedes ML so I'll be using that if they snow arrives plus we just had the garage coverted to a home office and I don't have the space to store a full set - are you interested?
Fraid not mate. Insurance would charge us for changing the wheels hence why I went for the 20" snow and ice tyres on the original rims.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's madness! Insurance companies are such a rip off. My insurance is online only and it just says you are covered providing its the manufacturers standard spec wheels and tyre size.

Good article from the AA on winter tyres and wheels:
http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/safety/winter-tyres-in-the-uk.html

Did you tell your insurer you had put on winter tyres (just out of interest)?

·
Banned
842 Posts
That's madness! Insurance companies are such a rip off. My insurance is online only and it just says you are covered providing its the manufacturers standard spec wheels and tyre size.

Good article from the AA on winter tyres and wheels:
http://www.theaa.com...-in-the-uk.html

Did you tell your insurer you had put on winter tyres (just out of interest)?
No as I wasn't going to enter into anymore discussions with them. They also wanted to try and charge me for factory fitted privacy glass until I complained! There's a statement on the association of British insurers website stating that their members agree that provided the tyres that are fitted are of correct width, diameter and speed rating they are not a modification. However a change of wheel size from OEM is classed as a modification.

Company in question - Admiral.

Would be interesting to see what would happen if you were to have an accident in the summer running winter tyres however...

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
we where told as long as the outer rolling circumference didnt change it was not a problem,hence why all the different wheel options that come with audi ,the outside measurement stays the same. Plus (sorry Kramer) audi oem set of winter tyres and wheels are cheaper!!

Rich

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are now available for £750 cash as my garage has been coverted to a study and I no longer have the space to keep them.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am off to Germany for Christmas this year and winter tyres are now a legal requirement. This time around, on the A8, I'm just going to buy the tyres and have them swapped onto my original rims to save any insurance issues.

Interesting on the A8, tyre size is 255/45 R19 however the recommended winter tyre size is 235/50 R19 - glad I checked this otherwise I'd have bought thw wrong tyres!

This site is great for giving proper tyre dimensions:
http://www.rezulteo-tyres.co.uk/tyres-for-audi/q5/q5/2.0-tdi-170

Interesting that the only "complian" winter tyres for the Q5 are 17" and 20" !

·
Registered
35 Posts
are you visiting the factory as that would be a forum first I think

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think so, although there is one in Brussels so who knows!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts