Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Sorry to start a new discussion on winter tyres but I couldn't find original thread. I'd appreciate your advise please on detail provided to me by my dealer, and that is that Audi winter tyre and wheel package is only available for my car in 20" and not 18" or even 19". Could that be right? Sounds really odd.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
23 Posts
My wife has the 5 segment (RS6 style) wheels and we have a set of 17inch audi winter wheels and tyres. No issues with the brakes etc this is on a 2.0 Tdi Sline, guess the discs will be bigger on the 3.0
on the SQ5 we have on order we have had to order a set of 20" wheels and tyres to clear the brakes

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hectorhouse

I purchased the 17inch winter wheel package from Aberdeen Audi last year, total contrast from the 20's to the 17's but found it worth it. The winter wheels have a special coating also.
Doug

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks dieseldoug, Aberdeen Audi (and others that I've tried) are only offering 20" for the current model year. Real nuisance as I wanted to pick the car up in October with winter wheels and tyres fitted. I phoned Audi UK customer services and they've advised that they may launch a bigger selection next month. Here's hoping. Bad enough not being able to fit mud flaps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts