Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
842 Posts
Light dusting for you guys North of the border that isn't it?

Dunlop 3D winter sports on and ready to rock here in Yorkshire.

Luckily the Daily Mail and Daily Express have reminded me that its going to be cold this winter time and Christmas is 25th December.

Reactions: Hectorshouse

·
Still Game
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are not wrong there >
The snowgates have been closed on the A93 between Braemar and Glenshee and on the A939 between Cockbridge and the Lecht.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Missile we needs to get the SQ and Q's on an adventure run when the real snow starts to arrive it will be a fun day out fo all owners

Reactions: José

·
Registered
221 Posts
Put my winter shoes on last weekend………..bring it on !

·
Still Game
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like a plan Doug, there are some great roads. Our next adventure with a.n.other Audi club is to here >

·
Registered
469 Posts
Dear Missile,

I feel I should know where this is because it looks familiar but I cannot place it. Help me out please.

The snow gate webcam picture was a good post. It has been pretty wild here today but the A93 @ the gate was not really affected by snow. Have a quick look at the Ski Centre webcam instead.

Quattro + winter rubber weather is here!

·
Still Game
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clue: It is near Forfar. I have driven over the Lecht in much worse and IMHO they were very premature closing the gates - perhaps a cya reaction to the first furry of snow.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Still Game
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Didn't think it would take you long Jose.
I think you may find the tester for today is a little more difficult? Where is this >

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Hmmm, tricky one! I'm gonna guess Delgatie...
Did you take the SQ to a quattro meet!?

·
Still Game
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I made it too easy for you to see on my photobucket. It was a great photo opportunity. I had more than 1 Audi at Balmoral.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I made it too easy for you to see on my photobucket. It was a great photo opportunity. I had more than 1 Audi at Balmoral.
LOL - I actually worked it out from the Balmedie area being on the tour, and the wiki page for that has a list of castles in the area...

And yes, excellent photo!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
469 Posts
JaXeN,

Valid question but in reality the the gate is sited 1000 feet below the summit of the road 9 miles further south and the weather @ 1100 feet is often benign compared to that @ 2000+ feet above sea level where there can be 6 - 8 foot drifts. Yesterday was not that severe though it was very windy.The Lecht, A939, is similar with snow gates placed low down and I have seen them shut with no snow at that level as the summit is stormbound.

Have a look at the Glenshee Ski website which has a webcam of the area around the high point of the road to see the difference.

·
Still Game
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It is mild and the sun is shinning in Aberfreeze - how bizarre is that?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Missile, maybe so, but it was -2.5C when I left the house this morning!

·
Still Game
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Where do you live in the shire? It was not exactly shorts and shades, but quite a pleasant day in Aberdeen city.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts