Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies in advance for this mundane topic and question.

With my other current and past cars I've just used a plastic funnel to pour the windscreen washer mix in from the container to the washer reservoir. I've never spilt a drop! However, I'm at a loss how to do so with the Q5. I find it's at a really awkward position/angle. The best that I can come up with is using a small watering can (1 litre size).

I'd really appreciate any alternative ideas please? Thanks.

·
Banned
842 Posts
I'm guessing this is in a different place to my 2011 car as I've never had a problem filling it up. I'm sure someone with a newer vehicle will be along shortly to assist...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Never had a problem pouring from the 5 litre can but I am tall 6'4" the access could have been better like at the front

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I put the hose in it, and straight from the bottle for the antifreeze...

·
Banned
110 Posts
I used to put the hose in and have someone turn the tap on and off for me. Surprising how much water it holds. Where I stay the water has a high mineral content (hard water) and I found that the washer jets tended to clog up after a while or shoot water over the roof onto the car behind me. Now I purchase distilled water in 5 liter containers from the local hardware store to top up the washer bottle and it works well.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put the hose in it, and straight from the bottle for the antifreeze...
I can see now how the hose would probably work well, but how do you then determine how much antifreeze or undiluted screenwash you should put in? I'm always concerned about putting in to much in case of paintwork damage or too little for winter temperatures. Thanks...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I can see now how the hose would probably work well, but how do you then determine how much antifreeze or undiluted screenwash you should put in? I'm always concerned about putting in to much in case of paintwork damage or too little for winter temperatures. Thanks...
It's a 5 litre container, so I put 1 litre of screen wash in and then top it off. I find 4:1 is fine for Southern England all year round.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
74 Posts
How often do you typically refill the washer fluid ? My wife has refilled for the second time and the car is only three months old.

She says she only uses the windscreen washer occasionally, so I am puzzled as to why she needs to refill so often.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had the same thing with one of my previous Q5 pangit it turned out to be the obvious, a leak, get the dealer to have a look for you.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Filled mine twice in 10k miles... Which seems normal to me.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Get your self a dehumidifier for your home condensation. Then you can fill up your washer bottle mix unfiltered, mix your own antifreeze to top your radiator, fuel a steam generator to clean, and or steam iron to your hearts content. Get those windows dirty!
"Great Big Silly Old Hector"?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts