Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a 2009 Q5 Se. Will a full size 18" Q5 wheel fit in the tyre well?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi Lewell, welcome to the Forum, i did try a full size wheel in boot well years ago and its too wide, it would probably fit being 18" but the boot floor would not sit back down afterwards, your better off buying a space saver. great bit of kit if required

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Merlin.

I thought you couldn't use a space saver with a quatro? Also I can't find a space saver for a Q5 on ebay or anywhere elso for that matter.

Cheers

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
I did read a post from a guy who raised his boot floor. He made a very neat job of the installation, so that he could accommodate a full sized spare. Space savers do come up on eBay. I suppose one could buy a skinny after market wheel and tyre? As long as the OD, PCD and offset are suitable it should fit. If all else fails you could buy one from Audi. .............................

·
Registered
700 Posts
I think from memory they are around 320.00 + VAT from Audi Brand new, its a lot but when finished with you could get over half back selling on Ebay !

·
Registered
289 Posts
No I don't think you can. Audi don't use a space saver (skinny) wheel they use the "collapsible spare" (effectively the sidewalls are designed to buckle to fit the wheel well. The well won't accommodate a full size spare even if you remove all the gubbins from the wheel well. Clearly if you ever get a flat you'd best hope the boot is empty.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Clearly if you ever get a flat you'd best hope the boot is empty.
Haha nicely thought out! Sod's law dictates it will happen in the middle of the night with the full family and luggage for a fortnight away!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thats right, happened to me a couple of weeks ago in my Vito Sport, luckly i had the spare with me which bolts inside up against the side of van, typically it was on a day when the van was fully loaded and i had to empty the lot on the road side-what a ball ach that was

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Guys. All sounds a bit much. I'll just prey that I never get a flat and use the can if I do

·
Registered
877 Posts
Cheers Guys. All sounds a bit much. I'll just prey that I never get a flat and use the can if I do
My approach too. Am thinking of buying a tyre to keep at home as a spare, as can imagine that needing a 21 inch at short notice is likely to result in paying top dollar or not being able to source one at all.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I thought mine was missing - but it was just well tucked in/hidden at the bottom of the cubby hole... Assuming you had a good rummage!?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Yea - mine was with the compressor - just shoved right at the bottom/back.

·
Banned
489 Posts
I had the sealant in my TT. Thankfully it was never needed, but I was well p****d off when the dealership told me it had a shelf life and was out of date (can't remember whether it was at 3 or 4 yrs old) but a new one was around £50. I didn't bother.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts