Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've just read some terrible news about newest BMW X3 on some polish forum. The main issues are steering, cracking head lights, lacquer and not at all flawless 8-gear automatic transmission. Due to its close relation to newest 5 series whole electronic system might be an issue as well...

I still haven't made up my mind - 2.0 TFSI with S-Tronic or 20d with Steptronic..
Sorry, if this subject was already put up by s-one else, couldn't find it with search option. Any help is welcome.
Cheers!

·
Registered
69 Posts
BMW X3 was one of the option we considered before placing an order for Audi Q5.
I know it is all down to personal choice but I did not like X3 at all - did not like the design (although it is better than the previous model), did not like the interior and dashboard. On the whole X3 did not have any WOW factor... Went to Audi dealer, jumped into Q5 and spent 15-20 minutes switching the levels and pushing buttons smiling like a cat... Well, after a test drive we placed order.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I mean it's not always the matter of personal preferences. At least not in this case. To set the record straight - the Q5 was mine first choice too, but a friend told me that I must check the new X3 out, he was absolutely delighted with his new car. I was very pleasingly surprised with X3 too, especially with interior, in contrary to your feelings.. But after what I read about its defects.. I'll to stick to my first plan, I guess..
Thank you, Mark! Any other thoughts, audi fans?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well, as you said, this is the matter of personal preferences. I do not like X3 for how it looks (in and out), up to the point that it was even never considered as an option. So it might ride better than Q5, but I never had a chance to try... and I'm not missing it :). I'd rather consider MB GLK than BMW. Personally I'd go for 2.0TSI with manual gear box, though when placing the order I was heavily influenced by my better half requesting 2.0TDI (for the price and economy) and S-tronic (for comfort).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.