1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
101 Posts
Very interesting read... Sort of says why waiting times are growing. Demand out growing supply certainly at the moment!

·
Banned
489 Posts
Just collected my Q5 and dealer tells me they are now looking at next July for orders now. The dealers don't know yet what allocation they'll be getting for 2014.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just collected my Q5 and dealer tells me they are now looking at next July for orders now. The dealers don't know yet what allocation they'll be getting for 2014.
This is what I have just heard by email today from my dealer. My July order looks as if it will be June/July 2014 with September orders being Sept 2014!!!

Just driven to see my dealer and they have offered me a better spec Q5 in the S-tronic with pan roof, tow bar, heated seats etc above my spec for about £2000 more!! Bloody good discount given but there saying dealers will now not give great discount on a product that you cant get for possibly a year!! It was going to be there demo car that is being built this week. God knows what to do!!!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
This is what I have just heard by email today from my dealer. My July order looks as if it will be June/July 2014 with September orders being Sept 2014!!!

Just driven to see my dealer and they have offered me a better spec Q5 in the S-tronic with pan roof, tow bar, heated seats etc above my spec for about £2000 more!! Bloody good discount given but there saying dealers will now not give great discount on a product that you cant get for possibly a year!! It was going to be there demo car that is being built this week. God knows what to do!!!
Volcano Red?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
No Glacier White but white was our 2nd choice and the wife's 1st choice..... You know where this is going don't you!!
As has been discussed on here - wife always gets to choose the colour! I assume your tag being a lipstick reference was in relation to your colour choice?

I can say that Glacier is a great colour, I love it when I've just cleaned and polished the car in the Sun - and it doesn't actually show the dirty too badly.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Mmmm but the £2000 more might stop her in her tracks
If it wasn't for the pano roof they would probably have offered it at the same price. Its such an expensive option IMHO. Can't believe it's standard in the US!

·
Registered
101 Posts
As has been discussed on here - wife always gets to choose the colour! I assume your tag being a lipstick reference was in relation to your colour choice?

I can say that Glacier is a great colour, I love it when I've just cleaned and polished the car in the Sun - and it doesn't actually show the dirty too badly.
lol very good idea to think so but goes back to my playing days of snooker.... long story (lips - nikname lol) but no reference to lipstick... Good choice of putting them both together though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
But surely she'll see the sense in getting the car in a month in her colour with the Pano roof?
I would hope so and I am going to push for it. Comes with the leather and heated seats, Pan roof, full swivel tow bar and everything else mine had so tbh the extras come to a fair amount. I really wanted the pan roof but cost was an issue. When I called her this morning and said about the wait she said cancel the car and buy elsewhere....

Maybe I can now save the day lol and with white

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Dont forget however, the increase is mainly due to china - and Q5s for that market are not made in the same factory as ours.
China has a rule that if something is not made locally they get massively taxed, maybe its something we should be doing...

50k for an SQ5, low mileage and ready to roll... its also in the best colour, blue..

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
lol very good idea to think so but goes back to my playing days of snooker.... long story (lips - nikname lol) but no reference to lipstick... Good choice of putting them both together though.
LOL - I was way off then!

They are a similar shade... It's what made me think it must be!

Dior 989

Volcano Red

Reactions: 989lips

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh and this ca
I would hope so and I am going to push for it. Comes with the leather and heated seats, Pan roof, full swivel tow bar and everything else mine had so tbh the extras come to a fair amount. I really wanted the pan roof but cost was an issue. When I called her this morning and said about the wait she said cancel the car and buy elsewhere....

Maybe I can now save the day lol and with white
Oh and this demo car is the s-tronic and mine was manual so that's a fair few quid more over the manual.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts