Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had and used iPod Classics for years
With Q5 PHEV 2021, they are not compatible.
Why? A new Pioneer radio on another car uses iPods classic without problem.
iPod Touch does work

·
Premium Member
Ordered: Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
188 Posts
This is a classic problem with supporting old technology with new technology. The iPod classic was last sold as new towards the end of 2014 and is now not supported by Apple. You will find that there will be technology somewhere which will support the Classic but it will not be on a new Audi. As the Classic is not supported by Apple, Audi will not help you with your problem as thee Classic is now not mainstream. There are two options available, try and find an item of third party hardware to bridge between the Audi and Classic or change your Classic for something else, maybe your smartphone.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,174 Posts
Time to upgrade and get Spotify, Google Music or Apple Music etc on your smartphone and Bluetooth connect etc to your car.

Reactions: rifleman

·
Premium Member
Ordered: Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
188 Posts
This might help but you can convert your iPod/iTunes music to Android using Wondershare TunesGo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a classic problem with supporting old technology with new technology. The iPod classic was last sold as new towards the end of 2014 and is now not supported by Apple. You will find that there will be technology somewhere which will support the Classic but it will not be on a new Audi. As the Classic is not supported by Apple, Audi will not help you with your problem as thee Classic is now not mainstream. There are two options available, try and find an item of third party hardware to bridge between the Audi and Classic or change your Classic for something else, maybe your smartphone.
There is a movement to refurb iPod classics with, among other, Bluetooth.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a movement to refurb iPod classics with, among other, Bluetooth.
The classics deliver standard audio/playlists and can connect to USB and USB mini without problems. I ask for only the playing of the playlists. I can set them up on the classics. I think this is a demand that we spend more. I use them in my new home stereo, only hooked up via a min to RCA plugs. The newest one does it too, but what else?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts