Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 20TDI SLINE Tiptronic.Having only had the car a fortnight I noticed if I drive normally then hit the accelerator hard (kickdown basically) I get a puff of white smoke initially then it clears immediately, only lasts about a second then clears even when holding accelerator hard to floor.Should I be worried?

·
Registered
433 Posts
White smoke is unburied fuel, you may have an injector leaking on the idle mode, yes worth while getting this checked out as it may leed to bigger problems later on.
Are you loosing cooling water by any chance as this will cause White smoke.

Doug

·
Registered
706 Posts
I concur with Doug

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the car out again and gave it a good "roasting" but can't replicate the symptom, it only happened one time so don't know if I'm being a bit over cautious. My wife uses the car 99% of the time and only does short town trips 2 or 3miles max but does this constantly everyday due to the nature of her work, dont know if that could have something to do with it. ?
The last car we had I had to periodically take for a good hard run as it kept sooting up due to the short trips.

Doug. Not losing any coolant fluid, but only had the car 2 weeks so I'll keep an eye on that.
Also I have VCDS and no fault codes are showing on engine.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have read that when a DPF does its regeneration there can be a visible puff of white smoke, but it would only do it once per regeneration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts