Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
morning forum members - have been considering the purchase of a Q5 for a couple of months now, and have finally decided that this is the car for me, unfortunately, I am working to a budget. My budget would allow me to purchase a brand new (pretty basic) SE, or I could go for a nearly new S-line with a few extras (depending what I can find). What are your thoughts on what I should go for and what extras should I really be looking for on the nearly new S-line. look forward on your thoughts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Max its a really hard choice what to do, do you join the ever increasing queue and order a new car but without ll the toys or pay over the top for a used car with more toys. It depends where your priority lies, do you do a high mileage, do you need lots of toys. The SE is not badly specced, the S line only gets xenon lights and badges over the SE. If you go for the alcantara seats they are the same seats as the SLine for no extra cost. You have to go for the S Line plus to get any more toys or something specced up SLine. As the waiting list for new is so long and it's coming up for winter you will not get much discount on a used car and I am not even sure you will get much discount off a new one at the moment if they are in such short supply. I am glad I ordered mine when I did and it came two months early, I am more than happy with the SE spec but I did add a few extras such as B&O sound, bench seat pus, storage pack and off course the fab 3.0 ltr engine. Whatever you choose you will be happy you just might have a long wait.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Hi I've currently got an sq5,but previously had a s line 2 litre d,I think you'd b better of with a nearly new s line with good spec rather than se brand new,and wen it cums 2 resale ,there's less s lines 4 sale so will sell quicker,try find 1 with heated seats,it's a must with winter round the corner,my s line sold in 1 day,it had good spec and that's wat s line customers look 4😄

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi daddydave, the car is for the other half (lucky woman!!) as I have a company car. It will be pretty low mileage (around 7000miles a year). We are looking at the 2.0diesil models, and she would like as many toys as she can get, but its me that's having to pay for it

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I think the suspension is harder ride on s line,as far as mpg I was getting 250 miles £50 out of the 2litre q5, and I get 200 miles £50 sq5, not sure how much better a standard 3 litre d does out of £50, I think when people are spending over 20k spec is hi on the list,if your not doing much over average miles per anum, then go 4 higher miler higher spec s line

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Hi daddydave, the car is for the other half (lucky woman!!) as I have a company car. It will be pretty low mileage (around 7000miles a year). We are looking at the 2.0diesil models, and she would like as many toys as she can get, but its me that's having to pay for it
Diesels are popular and no brainer for economy if one does a lot of miles. For your wifie on the school run, I would suggest you seriously consider the TFSI. Not all S Lines have sports suspension - mine did not.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I had a 2 litre tfsi for a day courtesy car and was impressed with its pull and drive,the petrol is bout 2k cheaper,and the say unless your doing @ least 20,000 miles a year,it doesn't pay to have the diesel ,power boot is also v handy option

·
Registered
433 Posts
I do less than 20k miles per year and run diesel cars the choice is. Mine as I like the torque. I did work out the price of the cars against petrol version and diesel was a win win for me. But this is my trade for many years sisal engines.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Go for nearly new. Someone on this forum sold a 6 months old, very high spec, which worked out at about 20% discount. Have a look at the for sale section. You may have to wait a while but at some stage circumstances will dictate and someone will want to sell quickly.

·
Banned
489 Posts
I think the suspension is harder ride on s line,as far as mpg I was getting 250 miles £50 out of the 2litre q5, and I get 200 miles £50 sq5, not sure how much better a standard 3 litre d does out of £50, I think when people are spending over 20k spec is hi on the list,if your not doing much over average miles per anum, then go 4 higher miler higher spec s line
Sports suspension is a no cost option for the Sline/Sline + that you have to specify if you want it, otherwise you get 'normal' as a default (which is fine for me)

·
Registered
343 Posts
have to recommend the 2.0 S-Line probably without the sports suspension if you can find one and then as many extras as budget allows. Wife had a manual for 4 years, it can feel a little sluggish pulling out but she insisted on a manual, but this time round after discussing with our dealer we went auto (out of 30+ Q5's on order for customers or stock not one was a manual) - one she'd agreed to the auto the SQ5 became the obvious choice

Reactions: Estoril SQ5
1 - 15 of 15 Posts