Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there have been a couple of people looking for this... It's in a super secret cubby hole under a panel in the boot floor...

You have to lift the boot floor, and I removed the subwoofer (you could probably just about lift the secret flap without doing this), then prise the carpet up from the rear edge of the boot to reveal a plastic lid with 2 clips. Open this to access the battery, jack, locking nut and nut cover release pin as well as a little tool kit...

Anyone know what the silver pin is that comes in the tool kit!? It's threaded one end and has a hope drilled at the beveled end...!?
Pictured here next to the towing eye for size comparison...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
I suspect the pin is a locating stud to assist with stud alignment when changing a wheel. I'd check but unfortunately I'm still mid way through the pregnancy awaiting delivery some time mid Jan (the wait is killing me)

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suspect the pin is a locating stud to assist with stud alignment when changing a wheel. I'd check but unfortunately I'm still mid way through the pregnancy awaiting delivery some time mid Jan (the wait is killing me)
Makes sense, and the hole would be to put the screwdriver through to turn it...
My mechanic changed my front/rears around today and he managed to get the wheels to sit on the hub no bother, but I guess this pin could be useful if you didn't have the strength to hold it up against the hub and put the first bolt in...

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Good info Jose,hope not 2 have to have to bother getting it out

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good info Jose,hope not 2 have to have to bother getting it out
Presumably you'll need it for new tyres at some point...

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Yes and hopefully not punctures.

Reactions: José

·
Banned
5 Posts
So there have been a couple of people looking for this... It's in a super secret cubby hole under a panel in the boot floor...

You have to lift the boot floor, and I removed the subwoofer (you could probably just about lift the secret flap without doing this), then prise the carpet up from the rear edge of the boot to reveal a plastic lid with 2 clips. Open this to access the battery, jack, locking nut and nut cover release pin as well as a little tool kit...

Anyone know what the silver pin is that comes in the tool kit!? It's threaded one end and has a hope drilled at the beveled end...!?
Pictured here next to the towing eye for size comparison...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Read Owner's Manual

·
Registered
47 Posts
I made full use of the locating pin last weekend when changing over to 17 inch Audi winter wheels supplied with Dunlop 3D Winter sport tyres. (now on my third season)
Remember to finally torque bolts when car is back on ground to correct values - 140Nm ( approx 105 ft-lbs)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Is that what its really for? I would have assumed that its the towing eye, screws into the chassis through the small removable cover in the bumper

Oh hang on I'm looking at the wrong tool, what a silly tool i am lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts