Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if I could ask 'forumites' about their own experiences regarding recent SQ5 orders?
Slick TV adverts seem to have created a lot of interest in the model and lots of you seem to have cars on order... but what's the reality / truth regarding build weeks / delivery dates?
Yours truly has a documented order for a vehicle placed on 22nd March 2013 (ie. almost three months ago) and as of this morning, there's still no news on either build week or delivery times.
Hats off to the supplying dealership for 1) keeping me posted on things... but we're still drawing a blank... 2) trying to source me a vehicle elsewhere and 3) for even trying to escalate things directly through Audi UK.
We hear about alleged factory production issues (Panoramic roof option seems to add further to delays) but I'd nonetheless be interested in hearing about other's experiences.
Calls into other dealerships seem to paint a similar picture - "approximate" delivery end 2013 / early 2014 for an order placed now (build week still can't / won't be confirmed), and I'm aware of at least two dealerships planning to hold on to their demonstrator models until Spring 2014 because they simply can't get replacements cars any sooner.
The reality seems to suggest that many of us are in for much much longer waits for our cars than we're currently being advised by dealers...I'd be interested to hear other's views and experiences on the subject.
Cheers.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The reality... I ordered end of April and don't have a build week yet.
A mate of mine oprdered his at the start of April (2nd) and got a build week of last week in July yesterday, so literally a week after you.
With a bit of luck you should hear something soon

·
Registered
343 Posts
We placed our order for our SQ5 on 15th of April and added the Telephone Prep high on 18th April, the dealer was great and gave us an expected delivery date of middle of June, I tried to add Drive Select on May 1st but couldn't change anything. I know we were lucky with timings and a dealer that really bent over backwards to get us into a car before the summer (surprisingly they couldn't deliver a 3.0TDI S-Line Plus until September when we placed the order) car was finished on the 21st May and we picked her up on Wednesday 12th June. I know when we collected last week they were quoted a build slot of last week November which should just arrive this year

·
Registered
8 Posts
I finally pick my SQ5 up on Friday (sorry to all those still waiting) - was built w/c 27th May so they are being built and coming through at the moment. I ordered mine in early January so it has been a fair wait to get to this point and the build date moved several times from April to June to July to April to May to June. Just two more sleeps now though!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I finally pick my SQ5 up on Friday (sorry to all those still waiting) - was built w/c 27th May so they are being built and coming through at the moment. I ordered mine in early January so it has been a fair wait to get to this point and the build date moved several times from April to June to July to April to May to June. Just two more sleeps now though!
That's quite slow to get the car from the factory to the dealer ! 3 weeks. My car is build week 29 which is week commencing 15th July. I was hoping to have it by the end of the month to go on holiday in, but if it takes more than 3 weeks being shipped from Germany I don't hold out much hope.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I really believe it is down to the individual dealer. I cancelled an order with my most local dealer as the information they were giving was not correct and they were not interested in any forms of discount.

Re ordered via the last dealer I purchased from and was given a fantastic deal.
The order was placed on 20 May 13 and contains items such as pan roof and black styling pack. Have a confirmed build date of 2 September from the dealer and Audi customer services.

The customer service from this dealer is superb and cannot understand why others cannot do the same.
I think I live very near Barby Boy and wonder if he is using my original dealer?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Spoke to the sales guy at derby audi who i purchased my Q5 from and he tells me factory orders on a new Q5 are going into next year so it looks like delivery times are increasing due to high demand.

DCD

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Windmill
I really believe it is down to the individual dealer. I cancelled an order with my most local dealer as the information they were giving was not correct and they were not interested in any forms of discount.

Re ordered via the last dealer I purchased from and was given a fantastic deal.
The order was placed on 20 May 13 and contains items such as pan roof and black styling pack. Have a confirmed build date of 2 September from the dealer and Audi customer services.

The customer service from this dealer is superb and cannot understand why others cannot do the same.
I think I live very near Barby Boy and wonder if he is using my original dealer?
Hi Windmill. An even earlier order was originally placed with a reputable supplier in Northants but I was persuaded through discount available to place a new order with another dealership, shall we just say, ahem... in the West Midlands.
Annoyingly, had I stuck with the original order I'd be in the vehicle by now, and discount saving has been all but been wiped out through latest P/X offer on my current vehicle.
PhD in hindsight...I've now got one of those...

·
Registered
182 Posts
That is really bad news. I too went to the West Midlands and found the knowledge of sales staff to be very limited. Lots of promises but nothing concrete.
In the end went back to Gloucestershire and did the deal by phone. Then used contact at Audi to deal with customer services who confirmed build and that black styling pack will be fitted.
Also have promise that I will be loaned car from 1 September.
I purchased an 04 car in the interim so lucky not losing big trade in values.
Really hope you get your car soon.

·
Registered
256 Posts
That is really bad news. I too went to the West Midlands and found the knowledge of sales staff to be very limited. Lots of promises but nothing concrete.
In the end went back to Gloucestershire and did the deal by phone. Then used contact at Audi to deal with customer services who confirmed build and that black styling pack will be fitted.
Also have promise that I will be loaned car from 1 September.
I purchased an 04 car in the interim so lucky not losing big trade in values.
Really hope you get your car soon.
You've confirmed black styling package.. what week did you do this?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Have a confirmed build date of 2 September from the dealer and Audi customer services.
You mean scheduled.
Orders only go confirmed 4 weeks before production - at which time the spec is not changeable.
This is the length of the supply chain/planning calendar Audi use.

Ordered the car Easter weekend, car was built B/W 23 from memory and has been sat at the dealers for about a week. So 9/10 weeks end to end. I'm not planning on taking the car until Sept 1st.

Audi really miss a trick when they take customer orders.
What they should do is confirm with the customer "when" they want the car and schedule builds around that - clearly Audi can't plan based on when individuals want it, but in the UK we have 2 firm dates plus I'll take it when ever it lands. That should be doable (IMO)
I would have no issues with my order being delayed/built JIT so others can get their car first if they wanted it before sept.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
It will be on status code 10 - with production week.
This is not the same as confirmed, the build weeks move all over the place.
from memory mine started at 25, then went to 27 before ending on 23.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Good morning all, yes i had a similar situation, ordered end of Nov, mine was confirmed week 16, then moved to 23 !! then was built in week 20,or slightly earlier, it left the factory on the 12TH May i colected from the dealer the day it landed and collected on the 30TH May that was long enough to wait .

In my option its all over the place and its no good stressing until your told its Built, anything can happen

·
Registered
182 Posts
It will be on status code 10 - with production week.
This is not the same as confirmed, the build weeks move all over the place.
from memory mine started at 25, then went to 27 before ending on 23.
Again you seem to wish to feel that your knowledge of MY order is far superior to what I know.
There is an old saying "Its not what you know its who you know".
The date of production for the car I have ordered HAS been confirmed along with a confirmation that I will be loaned an SQ5 from 1st September.

I would question how your car was changed colour and you still had a build week that meant the car was at the dealers now and that you will not be taking delivery until September! Reading the terms of supply on orders a car MUST be completed and delivery taken within a prescribed period of time. I suppose though you must know someone as well !

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I know lots of people...
Colour of the wife's car was never changed, it was ordered as Blue and is still Blue.
but, what you can do (to any order) is a 'simulated change' (assuming its NOT confirmed) and a dealer can see the impact changes could/would make on a order. Generally if changes are not long after initial order then the basic stuff doesn't seem to impact BWs is my experience, but only my experience, i cant state that as a fact.

Clearly i don't know your order, but i know Audis system having worked on its implementation.
Anyone who's interested/curious, just ask your dealer for an order scan from the system.
theo week, is scheduled and is depicted in the format YYYYBWK, this is not confirmed (theo is theoretical)
acce date is the order date of the car against audi - might not match when you ordered from the dealer, but will be close.

When i get home i'll see if i have the scans still for those that are interested in the process.
i'm not trying to convince you in any way, it really makes NO difference to me and i don't care if im honest and i'm by now means looking for pointless debate/argument on YOUR order with you. Some people however are genuinely interest how the whole system/process works, and i was only sharing that process and the description i provided is actuate, where as you appear to view it as an attack. tbh i think its best if we agree to disagree and avoid each others posts in future.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
NP.

The offer was made in terms of re-ordering after the car had gone confirmed, but we never took them up on it. We wouldnt know a replacement date unless a new order was placed. Given the demand for the car audi would sell it quick enough no doubt. She's due to see the car saturday, lets wait and see the reaction..

The conclusion she came to was the colour was being selected more via elimination of what she didn't want, rather than picking a colour that really appealed.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
When I picked my spare wheel up from Stratford Audi last week the salesman was saying that they were quoting Jan 2014 for new Q5/SQ5 orders.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts