Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The waiting is driving me mad!!
I have been told that at last our car was built last week, how long do you think it will take to get to the uk dealers?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Interesting I am in exactly the same position. I have been told that the build on mine completed Saturday 17th September and was awaiting dispatch from Germany's factory. Last Saturday I had been informed that it had made it to the port and was booked in to be shipped over but they couldn't track it any further. I'm awaiting a call this week and I guess it will hit the UK before Friday and then Beechwood Audi will take around 5 days to register it.

One plus on your side is that your salesman will want to get this delivered and within his September numbers so a week on Friday would be the latest I would guess, that's what I'm bankng on anyway.

The truth is the dealers know very little about when the cars will complete build and what shipment they will go on. There are lots of stories on here where the dealer has recieved cars where they haven't been scheduled for several weeks so there is always hope. Good luck and keep us posted, I'll do the same. They are probably on the same boat as we speak.

btw, when did you order and what did you order?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered at the start on march,

2.0tdi special edition s-tronic ibis white
Leather/alcantara
Tech Pack high
Heated seats
Black styling
Privacy Glass
Hill Hold
Interior Light pack
3 zone climate

·
Registered
578 Posts
Start of March, wow that's a long wait. Ordered mine late June! 2.0tdi special edition Daytona Grey.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Just had an email from Audi, the car is on the ship and on its way over

·
Registered
578 Posts
The port in Germany or the port in the UK? Dealers just confirmed that mine will be sorted by the end of the month.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I took delivery of my 2 litre tdi se 170 on the 1st of march after a 5 month wait but i had build week 4 which was the last week in january and from being built to delivery to the dealer it took 10 days.
Once the car is made and the customer is waiting for the car and it is not a car for stock allocation it is ready to go straight away without delay and should not take longer than 3 weeks depending on where it is being delivered to.

·
Registered
578 Posts
DCD - thanks, sounds in line with my experience so far

·
Registered
578 Posts
Got my reg today, finance company have released the funds too - prob 4 working days to go

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Last June the dealers system showed them exactly what stage the build and shipment was at i.e. final assembly, spray shop, at port awaiting shipment etc - it did lag behind occasionally but the new system that was introduced during June and July of last year was supposed to have much improved things. That said it was also supposed to offer a portal so customers could track their order throughout the whole process, and what happened to that?

Can't help but think that dealers don't publicise this tracking ability as they don't want customers on the phone every other day asking what's happening.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Mine was due at the garage yesterday but the salesman had the day off so I didn't get an update. I have transfered my deposit though and the finance company have sent the funds by BACS, this is due to transfer Wednesday with Thursday booked in for collection although I've been told Friday as a worst case. Have you got a reg yet (they should be able to give you this?), are you financing the car - I'm using a third party and they were keen to get the funds over as soon as the car hit Grimsby.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Apparently mine is at grimsby, i have no reg, or details,

I have not financed this so no details from that side, but i did get a call yesterday saying my trade in was worth less than they originally said,

·
Registered
578 Posts
That's dreadful about your trade in, the salesman at Beechwood has listed the trade in on an invoice to me last week and the finance company which states the amounts left to pay - which is in line with what we originally agreed. How much less are they offering? I'd go ape if they tried that on me, when they valued my car they said that the value today was x and the value in 3 months time would be y (1200 less which is steep enough).

Sounds like they are trying to pull a fast one on you. Did you get a discount on the car? I see Audi are selling new Q5's in stock with 5k miles for more than they are brand new!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday, very happy with it and the service receieved from Beechwood Audi was fantastic. The Q5 is so nice to drive, it's the perfect compromise of a 4x4 with high visibility and a spacious interior without the huge cost, size or fuel comsumption of the larger models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, mine had a build date of 12th September, arrived at Grimsby early last week and will be with the dealer tomorrow. They hope to turn it around quickly if it arrives in the morning so may get it late in the day.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
At last we are collecting the car tomorrow, has been a long wait but time has flown past,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts