Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PQ7 - 20" x 8.5J '5-twin-spoke off-road' design alloy wheels with 255/45 R20 tyres*. Only available in conjunction with off-road styling package - PKQ, except on S line Plus and SQ5
Did anyone spec these for their S line Plus as a no cost option (without the off-road styling package) in place of the standard set (20" 5 segment spoke)? What did you think? Any issues?

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
I specified that option on the S Line Plus I ordered, then cancelled in favour of my SQ5.

The package is not obtrusive. It is the small plastic guards around the wheel arches.

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
That may be what comes with the option on the Q5.

The OP posted question re Q5 S Line Plus and per Audi configurator:

Please note this option includes a small extension to the wheel arches. Only available in conjunction with the offroad styling package (except on S Line Plus)

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes - to clarify, on the S line Plus, you can order as a no cost option, the PQ7 wheels WITHOUT having to have the Off Road Styling Pack (which is not for me thanks). I wanted to know if anyone had done this and what they thought.

·
Banned
489 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Shenstone,

I have ordered these as a no cost option on an Sline Plus. These have been out for a while, really smart! On the photo you can see a very small plastic wheel arch extension ( just enough to stop splashes etc, hardly noticeable)

Attachments

Reactions: shenstone1936

·
Registered
503 Posts
Drats - I missed that. I prefer them to the standard wheels.
I considered the Moon Wheels, but I don't like that they are not as silver as the standard ones and therefore to me look as though they need a clean even when they are spotless. Personal choice of course

The arch extensions are fitted with the standard 20" wheels too.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Shenstone,

I have ordered these as a no cost option on an Sline Plus. These have been out for a while, really smart! On the photo you can see a very small plastic wheel arch extension ( just enough to stop splashes etc, hardly noticeable)
Thanks for the feedback Retbug. Nice picture too.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I considered the Moon Wheels, but I don't like that they are not as silver as the standard ones and therefore to me look as though they need a clean even when they are spotless. Personal choice of course

The arch extensions are fitted with the standard 20" wheels too.
Am I correct in thinking that the extensions are a little more fully around the wheel arch than normal?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Am I correct in thinking that the extensions are a little more fully around the wheel arch than normal?
The extentions which are only fitted on the 20" wheels are only a few inches long rear bumper, but the ones on the front are over most of the wheel arch.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think the extensions you are discussing are more to do with compliance than anything else. I suspect the offset on the 20 inch wheel increases the inset (i.e. the outside edge of the rim stands out a little further) and makes the little plastic brows a requirement.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The off road
I specified that option on the S Line Plus I ordered, then cancelled in favour of my SQ5.

The package is not obtrusive. It is the small plastic guards around the wheel arches.
We'd specified the off road design alloys on our S-Line Plus as well but switched to the SQ5 with the standard 20" wheels which is being built this week!

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
I went to see "my" Q5 S Line Plus. It did look very nice and I had a major wobble. After reading reports that the SQ5 had superb handling (i.e. rock hard suspension?) and a loud exhaust, I was a little apprehensive that I would not like it.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I went to see "my" Q5 S Line Plus. It did look very nice and I had a major wobble. After reading reports that the SQ5 had superb handling (i.e. rock hard suspension?) and a loud exhaust, I was a little apprehensive that I would not like it.
I'm a little confused Missile. Did you drive it? If not, how was your mind put at rest after hearing about an SQ5's suspension and loud exhaust
I'm glad you liked the look of your new car though - let us know how you get on when you've picked it up

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
I'm a little confused Missile. Did you drive it? If not, how was your mind put at rest after hearing about an SQ5's suspension and loud exhaust
I'm glad you liked the look of your new car though - let us know how you get on when you've picked it up
Please be advised:

I ordered a Q5 S Line Plus to replace my Q5.

I changed my mind and ordered an SQ5.

The dealer took delivery of the Q5 I had ordered and had it is their showroom and I went in to see it. It was then sold to a.n.other buyer.

I took delivery of my SQ5.

I am very pleased. It is not as harsh or as noisy as I had feared.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes - to clarify, on the S line Plus, you can order as a no cost option, the PQ7 wheels WITHOUT having to have the Off Road Styling Pack (which is not for me thanks). I wanted to know if anyone had done this and what they thought.
I ordered my Q5 S-Line Plus with the PQ7 option - car is Daytona Grey and I personally think they suit the car/ colour combination better than the standard wheels. The extensions mentioned are discrete.

Very easy to clean which is a big plus for me as I'm not the greatest fan of cleaning cars..........

Go for it!

J

Reactions: shenstone1936
1 - 20 of 21 Posts