Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi there
Currently looking at getting a Q5 and trying to decide between the S-Line or S-Line Plus...

One thing putting me off the S-Line Plus is the fact it's got the 20" wheels, and everything I've read says that the larger the wheel the worse the overall ride, but yet Audi are selling it as a premium upgrade which would normally be the case - is it better getting the S-Line with 19" and upping the spec to match or getting the S-Line Plus?
Thanks
James

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
You would lose a lot when you came to trade it in if you did that. The S-Line Plus is apparently the lowest depreciating model, and you would never get your money back if you added the equivalent options to the S-Line, and it would probably cost you more in the first place.

You might be better going for the Plus and buying a set of 19" wheels if you did not like the ride. Keep the 20's to fit back on when you sell it and you would be able to sell the 19's on ebay.

I do think Audi are missing a model in the range; there is an SE, S-Line, and S-Line Plus. Where is the SE Plus? It could have most of the extras as the S-Line plus but with 19" wheels.

·
Still Game
4,610 Posts
I am sure you would find someone willing to swop their 17" 18" or 19" wheels for a set of 20"

·
Registered
433 Posts
You will get may replies on this question for sure, I have S-line plus with S-line suspension and 20" and I like the set up, I currently have the 17" winter tyres on and the ride is worse, the car wont stay in a straight line tyre noise is greater. There will be a fine line somewhere style and comfort, if you get the opportunity test the car package you want.

·
Still Game
4,610 Posts
I have 17" wheels and winter tyres on at present and find the ride is no more compliant than with my 19" wheels and summer tyres.

Like Doug, I prefer the ride and handling with my 19" wheels and summer tyres.

·
Banned
842 Posts
No problems on the 20" for me. Surely a helpful dealer will let you test drive both to help make your mind up?

·
Registered
963 Posts
I am sure you would find someone willing to swop their 17" 18" or 19" wheels for a set of 20"
Not a hope in hell chance of getting me to swap my 19" wheels. They are perfect!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had the exact same dilemma as you and went for the sline with 19s for two reasons only;

Was slightly worried about the ride on 20s vs 19s
I didn't like any of the 20" designs!

In the end I paid about he same for my sline specced to plus levels (minus auto boot) as it would have cost for the plus. I expect it to lose more than a plus but plan to sell privately in 4-5 years so doubt they'll be a huge difference in what I can get for it.

Dealer thought I was mad but hey ho!

Just found out its arrived in the uk so looking forward to seeing it in the flesh before my march 1st delivery

1 - 9 of 9 Posts