Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quick question about the q5's wheel arch liners , was in Audi today and noticed that the s-line model had fabric type front wheel arch liners and a lower model one (not sure which one!) had plastic ones. Can any one comment on what liners they have on there car and what model it is please.(front and rear)
I have s-line on order but would prefer the plastic wheel liners which are easier to clean and do not hold water.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
294 Posts
As far as I'm aware S-line models have plastic liners with a small lip that sits proud of the bodywork. Lower models do not have this styling feature.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry , did not make it clear , I mean the part in side the wheel arch, not the plastic lip at edge of the wheel arch that you get if you have the 20" wheels.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine's the s-line and has the horrible "carpets" under the wheel arch. First winter and several mud and water baths later the arches were in a right state. Trying to scub the dirt/mud/tar from the "carpet" material resulted in removing some of the hairs (carpet). After all that water the carpets have also sagged. This is my first car which uses carpets instead of plastic. Now who in their right mind would do that and why? Crazy germans must be more inerested in lowering db levels than practicality or common sense in this case. When the carpets get worse I will replace them with proper plastic arch liners of a "lower" end model.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Carpet?! Seriously!!!
I'll check mine and report back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for replies, my old car a 08 Audi S3 had plastic liners in the front and "carpet" ones in the back which are suppose to reduce noise and spray I believe.

I have seen the s-line models have the "carpet" (front arches) ones not sure about the SE but I think it was the bog stardard Q5 which had the plastic liner so should be able to purchase separate.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi I Have a 2010 s-line and have the textured liners. To be honest i find them great a jet wash sorts them straight out.

paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts