Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to place order for new Q5 and really not sure on the 2.0ltr or 3.o ltr what is the realistic mpg on both. Been told anything between 29mpg 42mpg for the 2.0ltr and 26 and 34 for the 3.0ltr I would apreciate owners feedback

Also on the sline plus I believe there is only the sport suspension available is this correct ?

any comments on:-
Lava Grey,tech pack high,interior light pack,open sky pano roof,electric heated seats,park system advanced .

Not really into music so standard set up is fine advance key?

Apreciate any comments especially on mpg

·
Registered
140 Posts
No idea about mpg as mine doesn't arrive till Oct ... don't think there's too much difference but its not something im concerned about. Id make your choice of engine based more on the power you require rather than a few mpg.

I've ordered the sline plus and mines got standard suspension

Alot of the guys on here all comment on how much they like the advanced key, i cant stand keyless entry systems i much prefer an old fashioned key. However im coming from a different angle, i have to fix the stupid things every day and those things go wrong for fun (on most makes not specifically audi) If your only planning to keep the Q whilst in warranty no problem !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

I've had my 2.0 TDi 170PS Manual for about a month now and have driven around 1000 miles.

The average MPG over that time has been arround 35MPG. Most of the journeys have been short. The car is quick. But obviousily not as quick as my Mini Cooper S.

On longer journeys it is possible to almost hit 50MPG. Last week I got 49MPG driving 50 miles around the bottom of the M25 with an average speed of 60 ish and I am no granny driver.

On a full tank the range is 590MPG.

David

·
Registered
108 Posts
my 3.0tdi does 34 mpg round the doors and 40 mpg on motorway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about the sports suspension all reviews I have seen the main problem with the car is suspension when odering the s model is there an alternative ?

·
Registered
140 Posts
You can have standard, I had sline suspension on my a6 and hated it , far to hard for me !!! so I decided to go with the standard on the q ... Also new model q5 has a revised suspension set up

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the standard suspension.

It's just right for me. Not too hard , not too soft. No perceivable body roll.

Don't get the midnight blue though. Impossible to keep clean for more than 5 minutes.

Davidm

·
Registered
240 Posts
Did a drive down to Phillip Island today to take my English nephew to feed the kangaroos and things. 3.0TDI, mostly highway and country roads but included some city driving as well, and returned 6.9lt/100km (41 mpg) by the time I pulled into our drive way at the end of the day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for being a pain, but I have been told by 2 dealers that the S line only comes with sports suspension, also uk dealers know nothing about new suspension set up for 2013 uk spec cars although I did read it someware, but we are talking Audi dealers here, who also added to my order a cost for electric folding mirrors that I understood came standard with electric memory seats.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 2.0 diesel s-tronic
22000 miles computer never reset from new and showing 34.4 mpg, i am an average type driver mixed surburban mileage.
You can dream and drive to show outstanding consumption. But live in the real world and don`t fool youselves!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Interestingly my 2.0tdi manual 143bhp Q5 had done nearly 10k when I sold it, I had never reset the computer. I would get some impressive MPG on my longer 50-150 mile work trips (50+ MPG) however the average when I sold the car was 38.7mpg.

I've done 2000 miles in the A8 and that's showing 40.1mpg (I reset the computer when I got it).

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'd predict an MPG of 35 regardless of whether you went for the 2.0 or 3.0 - the three litre diesel engine does not have to work very hard at all and so is very efficient.

Your main saving on the 2.0 is price (£3k less) and annual tax/insurance (probably £300 pa difference).

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd agree with two very important comments above, the main difference between both engines is performance so get the engine that will give you the drive you want. You can be unhappy about economy on either so you may as well have a big grin on your face while you're driving. The 170 2 litre isn't by any means tardy but if you want performance you prob need the 3 litre.

I would also agree that Bose/ B&O is really money well spent

All the best

·
Registered
578 Posts
Another point is that the 2.0 sounds like a diesel and will be loud and grunty after 10k miles - the 3.0tdi is a smoother v6 which sounds far more quiet (almost like a petrol). This is a big factor when chosing a car - if you can afford it, go for the 3.0tdi!

·
Registered
84 Posts
My last tank full returned approx 34 mpg (worked out, not by DIS), that's about my best yet after doing about 4k since having it (just clocked 49k last week). Generally doing about 36 miles per day commute (mainly Motorway) plus general running around at weekends. The V6 is so refined though, it's easy driving

1 - 19 of 19 Posts