·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to bother you guys again - Finally have gone for the below

Everything comes to total off - 43135
drive the deal price = 38358
Savings = 4697

Do i go with drive the deal -or i can get more discounts.

S line Plus 2.0 TDI quattro S tronic 177 PS

Ibis White

Interior

Material: Fine Nappa leather with S line embossing
stitching: Black (with Black stitching)
dashboard: Black-Black
carpet: Black
headlining: Black
Equipment
Adaptive headlights
Advanced key
Audi hill-hold assist
Audi Parking System Advanced
Audi side assist
Bang & Olufsen sound system
Black roof rails
Door mirrors - electrically adjustable, folding and heated
Electrically-adjustable front seats
Heated front seats
Interior light package
Mobile telephone preparation - High with Audi connect
Rear bench seat plus
S line Sports suspension (Not lowered)
3-spoke multi-function flat bottomed steering wheel with gear-shift paddles
Tyre pressure loss indicator

20" x 8.5J '5-segment-spoke' design alloy wheels with 255/45 R20 tyres

·
Registered
596 Posts
Can't comment on price but nice spec.
However, (IMO) cabin is going to look very dark with all that black.
Have you thought about a white / silver / cream contrast stitching to break things up a bit? Would sit much better with the exterior Ibis white

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it was considered but wanted to spend the money on other toys rather than seats. The seats are already costing a fortune with electric and heat. Can I get a two tone seat for free

·
Registered
768 Posts
I can honestly state that I don't find my Q5 too dark inside, and others have also said so as well.

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm sure there will be some people out there who have had a bigger discount, but when I was looking to buy 3-4 months ago 10% was the best I could get from dealer.(after a lot of haggling)

Drive the deal at 11.25% will be difficult to beat, you could take your quote to your local dealer and ask them to match It, you never know!!

I've never used a broker myself, though the feedback from forum members seems to be quite positive..(maybe member can advise)

You also have to give consideration to lead time as a dealer might be able to source a car quicker for you...

.It's your decision blacksta500... but looking at It to get that discount without the hassle of 4-5 visits to dealer negotiating etc I think you've got a cracking price there...

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm sure there will be some people out there who have had a bigger discount, but when I was looking to buy 3-4 months ago 10% was the best I could get from dealer.(after a lot of haggling)

Drive the deal at 11.25% will be difficult to beat, you could take your quote to your local dealer and ask them to match It, you never know!!

I've never used a broker myself, though the feedback from forum members seems to be quite positive..(maybe member can advise)

You also have to give consideration to lead time as a dealer might be able to source a car quicker for you...

.It's your decision blacksta500... but looking at It to get that discount without the hassle of 4-5 visits to dealer negotiating etc I think you've got a cracking price there...
I Agree with that - Drive the Deal could get a cheaper price for me, but had to wait 6 months (as opposed to 3 months from dealer) - went with the dealer as didn't want to wait, but I used Drive the Deal's pricing to negotiate a better rate/discount - basically I got all of my options (just over £3k) for nothing....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have sent emails to a couple of local dealers - But is it not shocking that Drive the deal could get such deals - No wonder those chaps wear rolex watches - Margins must be massive - On top of that - they even make more money from finance deals

·
Still Game
4,609 Posts
I find dealers do not respond well to e mails. You need to phone and or visit to get best deal.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I find dealers do not respond well to e mails. You need to phone and or visit to get best deal.
I am slightly worried - they may attack me - i
- Once i table my deal
- My Local audi is very posh place - They really love their margins
I will visit on Friday or over the weekend or just wait for the DTD to come thru.

·
Registered
469 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yes it was considered but wanted to spend the money on other toys rather than seats. The seats are already costing a fortune with electric and heat. Can I get a two tone seat for free
Not as far as I am aware unless you opt for alcantara in which case you get white stitching. By contrast Audi offer a choice of stitching colour on A4 S line cars.

·
Banned
489 Posts

Just to add clarification here. The dealer sources the car, the broker just makes the introduction. The broker only gets a small % himself from the dealer, so large volumes = good profit. Your relationship and any money changing hands is always direct with the dealer you have been introduced to and with whom you have the deal. Dealers have an allocation of new cars. It may be that one dealer has a longer waiting list than another. It's the dealer, not the broker who has the waiting list. The broker gets corporate or fleet purchase deals from the volume he introduces.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts