Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve

About a month ago I got a fault report on the dashboard talking about the parking brake and vehicle stabilisation being faulty (all nothing to do with the actual fault!). The car is still under warranty and I called out Audi assist. He plugged the computer in and spoke to Audi and they told him to check the Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve. He took the plastic engine cover off and standing at the front of the car, removed a plastic cover measuring about 15cm x 10cm from the top of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve which is sited on the left side of the engine. He showed me the printed circuit on the inside of this cover had corroded (humidity in the exhaust gas). He ordered a new (upgraded more robust) part and replaced the whole thing the following day (took him about 2 hours (in the rain)).

I have just come back from the Audi dealers and they told me that this unit is now upgraded i.e. the unit on my car (and your car?) is not fit for purpose and they now have a 'more robust' unit. You may want to take off the cover of this unit and have a look or get them to replace it for the new 'upgraded' unit.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve
I have just come back from the Audi dealers and they told me that this unit is now upgraded i.e. the unit on my car (and your car?) is not fit for purpose and they now have a 'more robust' unit. You may want to take off the cover of this unit and have a look or get them to replace it for the new 'upgraded' unit.
This can be done only if there is problem as your or the official recall campaign to replace parts.

PS: EGR Valve is a problem only for turbo diesel engine

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The egr valve is an easy to clean item and can be done on 30 mins or so - or at least on the 3.0tdi.
From what I saw the mechanic doing, I would agree, that's why I posted here suggesting owners might like to take off the top and look inside (better safe than sorry).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts