Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Saturday, I will be having a test drive of a Q5 Sline s-tronic 2 litre diesel with lots of extras. The total comes to just short of £44K.
What discount should I be chasing?
What are your thoughts on the colour Scuba blue?

Thanks

·
Banned
489 Posts
Check it out fully at the dealer and build your spec then get 9-10% easy from a UK main dealer via brokers (Drive the Deal, Carfile, etc.). Some are getting more.

·
Banned
842 Posts
10% - 12% is your figure. You'll probably struggle to get that with a dealer direct. Like Shenstone says go to a broker and let them do the chasing for you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Shabazmo,
Is this an Sline or an Sline Plus? You need to compare the price difference, by the time you pile on the options you may find there's not that much difference. Don't forget the plus comes with Nav, remote tailgate, metallic paint, privacy glass etc. I was going for the Sline but changed to the Plus. Get some Broker quotes, do your homework and go armed with this info, you may well be surprised.
Scuba looks good especially with the black styling pack.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Check out Autoebid and Drivethedeal that's your target.
Ignore the rhetoric suggesting ludicrously high doscount (as I said in a previous post).
Before you go into the dealer print up the price you get from Autoebid and get it clear in you head the price you want pay because if you go in there with a percentage discount you want they will dazzle you with smoke and mirrors scribbling numbers here and there for stuff that can't be discounted tax, deliver charges, etc.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Hi Shabazmo,
Is this an Sline or an Sline Plus? You need to compare the price difference, by the time you pile on the options you may find there's not that much difference. Don't forget the plus comes with Nav, remote tailgate, metallic paint, privacy glass etc. I was going for the Sline but changed to the Plus. Get some Broker quotes, do your homework and go armed with this info, you may well be surprised.
Scuba looks good especially with the black styling pack.
Same for me - first into S Line then realised that S line Plus was the best financial choice as it included much of what I wanted as standard and which individual items would have cost much more than £2500 supplement (before brokers of course!). Also should be worth a little more when selling than a lower spec loaded with a high number of options

·
Banned
489 Posts
Check out Autoebid and Drivethedeal that's your target.
Ignore the rhetoric suggesting ludicrously high doscount (as I said in a previous post).
Before you go into the dealer print up the price you get from Autoebid and get it clear in you head the price you want pay because if you go in there with a percentage discount you want they will dazzle you with smoke and mirrors scribbling numbers here and there for stuff that can't be discounted tax, deliver charges, etc.
Hopefully you are not rubbishing the broker discounts mentioned here because they are fully achievable, as many on this forum can attest. I do agree if you mean dealers direct though. Why, apart from speccing up/test driving your proposed car, anyone then negotiates with a dealer direct, is beyond me. So much silly timewasting games! It's brokers every time for me!

Reactions: Chopper

·
Registered
503 Posts
When I bought my A3 6 years ago I went through Carfile who were great.

When it came to buying my Q5 I simply phoned the dealer direct who supplied my A3 and they gave me just under 11% discount so I was very happy. My local dealer struggled to even take £1000 off.

So for a nice 200 odd mile drive I saved a bundle of cash. The price they gave me was the same whether they took my A3 as PX or not. In the end I sold my A3 locally and paid cash for the Q5

·
Banned
489 Posts
You may perhaps have misread my posts or missed the first line of that post?
Possibly. But you were in a thread that specifically contained broker discount % mentioned and you posted "Ignore the rhetoric suggesting ludicrously high discount". It seems that you were referring to another thread (but didn't link). No harm done

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies. From the Sline plus, I need the metalic paint, elec tailgate, and technology pack which I think is included. I specifically dont want 20" wheels with 255 profiles, so I may have to swap or sell those.
Before changing to Sline plus. These are my options

TDI Quatro S line £ 36,170
metalic £ 615
heated seats £ 300
memory seats elctric £ 850
TPMS £ 75
tech pack £ 1,695
mobie phone prep with on line £ 350
panoramic roof £ 1,125
advanced key £ 470
advance park and camera £ 340
high beam assist £ 110
int light pack £ 150
hill hold assist £ 65
adaptive lights £ 330
storage pack £ 125
net £ 90
underfloor storage tray in boot £ 145
bench seat plus £ 175
garage door £ 180
elec tailgate £ 385
climate cup £ 100

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I was concerned about the ride with the 20 inch wheels but am very happy with them. Why do you "specifically" not want them?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice spec. My better half is a fleet manager and I have asked her about discounts given that the leasing companies she deals with have massive negotiating power. She tells me that 8-10% is about the best you can hope for. Less on some models/ more on others. Bear in mind she leases more cars in a year than most of us would buy in a lifetime and they are primarily Prestige brand cars. She also told me there are always deals to be had on "one off" cars direct from the importer from time to time. These are either cancelled orders or are cars that have been highly specified as potential demonstrators. Of course you don't get colour choice with such cars and they often come with "delivery" mileage. Before you all tell me leasing is not the same as buying the cost of the lease is directly related to the purchase price of the car so she pays close attention to the discounts available and meets regularly with the factory reps. Also in the UK the vast bulk of car sales is to leasing companies. This is sometimes why dealers appear so uninterested in the private buyer, fleet sales dominate the market in the UK.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am likely to keep the car for 10 years, hence the high spec. I dont want 20" wheels due to cost of replacement, ride quality and increased kerbing potential. Also the 255 profile, albeit great around corners, are not so good in poor weather.

If I can get 10% this Saturday, then I will order, otherwise I will walk away and re-think

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi folks, just thought I'd chirp in on this one as I'm currently negotiating with dealer for an SQ5.

So far they've only offered £850 discount which salesman is telling me is coming from Audi and not the dealership and they said they were surprised Audi are offering anything at all on the SQ5 which I took as salesman speak for 'you'll struggle to get any more off from us'.

Spec is:
Ibis White
21" wheels £1,250
Privacy glass £380
Drive select £220
Music interface £255
Electric folding door mirrors £190
Heated front seats £300
Flat bottomed steering wheel £100
£46,750 - £850 = £45900

Autoebid price with same spec - £41,857 ('maximum price') - £4,043 cheaper than dealership offer
Drive the deal with same spec - £42,269 (conditional on taking out PCP solutions deal at 6.3% or else add £350 to price) - £3,631 cheaper than dealer

Dealer is offering me just under £10k on my current car which is about £1-2k less than the trade in valuations I've had on line (not sure how accurate these are though).

The salesman I've dealt with has been great. Far, far better, more courteous, less pushy than any other Audi/BMW salesman I've dealt with before so I'd like to give him the business but was expecting more than £850 off or is that unreasonable considering I'm also part e'xing my old car? Taking into account the discounts drive the deal and autoebid are showing it could be anything from £4.5-6.5k more expensive to buy from the dealership if I were to get a better trade in. Just not sure I'll get anywhere near the discounts being shown by the on line places if I push harder with the dealership but not sure if the discounts are still available with the on line places if I'm looking to part ex my car with them and still get that discount? From what I can tell drive the deal and autoebid encourage you to sell your car privately before proceeding with them as the deal prices might not be available with a part ex included?

Cheers

·
Banned
489 Posts
http://www.carfile.net/contact-us. Ring and speak to Jonathan. I've used him a few times now and very happy with his service. I had 9% no problem on my S line plus and then ended up with a local dealer for all financial transactions, including deposit. He will also broker a separate purchase of your trade-in if you wish so that it doesn't confuse the picture with your main purchase. Not many of the other brokers can offer a 'trade-in' service.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
You can get more that £850 from the dealer - work on getting them to add services/accessories thrown in free as its easier for them to do that discount the list.
I got free gap insurance for 4 years (worth £900), free dog guard (worth £800) and about £1500 off list on top of that. It's not as much as you would get from a broker but a lot closer...

Don't buy any of the SQ5 so no discount crap - make it clear you are willing to sign on the day if they get the right price for you.

I didn't go this far - but I would guess if you say you have broker prices WAY better than they are offering, and the idea of a 200 mile first run on the new car is actually quite appealing they may get closer to what you want!

·
Banned
489 Posts
They're not broker prices, they're dealer prices that save all the crap and wasted time in negotiating direct. When you get to speak to the dealer the discounted price is already on the table. Either you like it or you don't - simples! We are talking about a selection of main UK Audi dealers willing to discount 9-12%, so why would you want to waste copious amounts of time trying to get this yourself and listening to the sharp intake of breath from an arrogant salesperson (and him running back and forth to his manager)????

·
Banned
489 Posts
Gap insurance £25K for 4 years was £275 when I last looked on ALA (with vehicle replacement and deferred for a year). £900 is a trifle steep don't you think Jose?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts