Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Q5 3.0tdi and looking to replace it next year. I have looked at other options, X3 3.0 tdi A6 Avant 3.0 tdi quattro but keep coming back to replacing it with another Q5. I cant find anything bad about the car other than its nice to have a change now and again. Anyway I configured a car online last night and for some strange reason chose Teak Brown as a colour with Brown Nappa leather seats, have I gone mad or is this a good colour option. I like the Q5 in lots of the other colours but there are white ones, grey ones and silver ones everywhere but no brown ones. Maybe this is telling me something and I should be sensible and follow everyone else.

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Makes sense, better the devil you know and buy the colour you like.

Teak Brown is not a popular colour in the UK, but I doubt you will see much difference in the trade in value.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Buy a color that you like, it's your enjoyment is not important what others think.
Each of us likes a different color combination

Teak Brown is a fine color and I like it

Good luck

·
Registered
433 Posts
As missile says choose the colour you like and can live with following the trend is sometimes not the best route as in 3 years or time when you sell the colour choice may not be in demand. I personally do not like silver cars, black is nice when clean but shows up any marks, white is nice also but gets dirty very easy, the Daytona grey and the other colours around them are interesting, I also have had 2 blue cars and purchasing another blue A3 so that will be 3 in a row, I personally dont like following the pack so to speak.
Bottom line is buy what you like...... simples

·
Registered
292 Posts
Teak brown is boring as bat crap.. not popular world wide ,mate think about resale values as well... Good Luck Champ !

·
Registered
343 Posts
We were in Austria and Germany last summer on holiday and stopped off in Ingolstadt, my wife and I were both surprised at how many brown cars there were around - everything from Q7's down to A1's including convertibles - there was a nice A5 Cab iwith 20" RS4 style alloys n brown parked up in the village we were staying in.
If i was ordering a lease or company car i would certainly be more adventureous than the Black or Blue we normally choose..

·
Registered
134 Posts
One colour i have not seen a Q5 in is scuba blue i think this would be my choice when i swap.

DCD

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your views most of which were helpful. It is a company car purchase and I do about 40,000 miles a year so the clour doesnt make any difference after 3 years to the residual value. I just fancied something a little bit different this time. An SQ5 would have been even better but dont fancy the tax bill on a £50,000 purchase. Still a few months before I place the order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts