Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm about to order 170 SE but cannot decide on colour. Red is what I wanted but dealer does not have any car in this red in stock. Any comments?

I'd like red with pale light grey milano leather. But reading here the Alcantara with stitching sounds nice but I guess this would need to be black. Still sounds nice but I'd really like comments on the Red and if not Red then what?

Also as cash buyer no trade in what discount should I expect. Internet discounts are best 7.5%.

Thanks for any comments and advice.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Look under Reader's Drives - IIRC there's a 3.0 TDI in Garnet Red from Oz on there.

Discount-wise my local dealers didn't seem very interested to sell me car at all regardless of the fact I was a cash buyer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, I'm about to order 170 SE but cannot decide on colour. Red is what I wanted but dealer does not have any car in this red in stock. Any comments?

I'd like red with pale light grey milano leather. But reading here the Alcantara with stitching sounds nice but I guess this would need to be black. Still sounds nice but I'd really like comments on the Red and if not Red then what?

Also as cash buyer no trade in what discount should I expect. Internet discounts are best 7.5%.

Thanks for any comments and advice.
I have a Garnet red being built this week, I hope !!!!
So should get it for March, will send some pics as soon as I can, I got 5% discount, Audi Watford the dealer

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tonight on my way home saw a Q5 in red and had to chase it to see its colour up close (not too close!). Looks very nice but I's still like to see one in the daylight.

Still undecided!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Personally I'm not a fan of Garnet but horses for courses and all that - life would be dull if we all liked the same stuff!

It's a shame they don't offer Misano Red. It's alot brighter than Garnet but in saying that I've no idea if it would suit the 5.

I would have thought though that come resale time Garnet would be a bt harder to shift so might needed to be priced accordingly. However if you don't plan on selling or are on finance and can just give it back I guess it don't matter.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Personally I'm not a fan of Garnet but horses for courses and all that - life would be dull if we all liked the same stuff!

It's a shame they don't offer Misano Red. It's alot brighter than Garnet but in saying that I've no idea if it would suit the 5.

I would have thought though that come resale time Garnet would be a bt harder to shift so might needed to be priced accordingly. However if you don't plan on selling or are on finance and can just give it back I guess it don't matter.
Had A RS4 in Misano, looked brilliant, seen an Q7 in it, nasty !!!!

Last car was white, the two seater is black. I like to be differant, so thought I would try something from the norm, saving nearly ?20k as I live in France, so when I sell the car I know I will not loose the money you tend to when living in the UK.

You are right though, if we all got the same what a boring world we would live in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts