Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be interesting to review the relative depreciation between four variants of the Q5 on the What Car Depreciation calculator. Hopefully the file attached OK.

Variants compared are as follows: SQ5, 3.0 tdi s-line plus; 2.0 tdi s-line plus, 2.0 tfsi s-line plus.

If these figures are correct it confirms the 2.0 tdi as the lowest depreciating variant.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Will the SQ5 really only be £1300 more than a 3.0TDI? Bargain for secondhand owners if so...

Also, consider an SQ with equal spec to Sline plus is a lot more than 44k...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspect there are very few people who specify a "basic" SQ5. Speccing it up to s-line plus standard would add a good few thousand to the basic price I would have thought, which you won't necessarily see back.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I suspect there are very few people who specify a "basic" SQ5. Speccing it up to s-line plus standard would add a good few thousand to the basic price I would have thought, which you won't necessarily see back.
Exactly, most SQs will fair worse than the graph as they will have 5-10k of goodies added.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Unfortunately true,but in the sq favour there will b less on the road then the other models,maybe creating high demand and low supply = good resale and residuals 😄

·
Banned
289 Posts
Oh, the benefits of leasing..............

·
Registered
768 Posts
Unfortunately true,but in the sq favour there will b less on the road then the other models,maybe creating high demand and low supply = good resale and residuals ������
They said that about the Evoque in it's first year! Fingers crossed for the SQ5.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Interesting!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Those figures look about right my 2 year old 2ltr S line + i got 28k trade in in March 13 it went up for 34kat Bexley Audi My 3ltr 245 S line + I got new in March 13 and sold in November 13 got 35k for it (only paid that for it though) is up for £5 short of 40k at Bexley Audi. I'm not bothered at residuals, i love my SQ but you don't need to sell back to a dealer you can get a bit more if you sell private.

It's only Money. My mate's just lost 21k on a porche he' s only had it 7 weeks. Now ordered a new 458. But then he's got money.
So do see your point.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Wow that's a serious loss,regardless of wealth,how the other half live lol 😄

·
Registered
120 Posts
The information on there seems about as accurate as a Jason Puncheon penalty.........

The starting prices are wrong for a start!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
The information on there seems about as accurate as a Jason Puncheon penalty.........

The starting prices are wrong for a start!
This was my point above as well. The starting prices are all base, which for an Sline Plus is probably quite accurate as there aren't many more options to add, but for the SQ5 its a totally different story - no standard Sat Nav will make a reasonable difference to the resale value for a start. Unfortunately the site doesn't have the option to add the major options to take them into account...

Also - we have already seen in the last 10 months the SQ5 has been on the road that residuals are crazy strong on this model due to the high demand/low availability - however I expect this has been a honeymoon period and it will drop off soon.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Oh, the benefits of leasing..............
Same here, my depreciation is calculated at 100% after 4 years (it'll have 150,000 miles on the clock by then); so I don't care; after 4 years it'll just be replaced by something else

·
Registered
58 Posts
Same here, my depreciation is calculated at 100% after 4 years (it'll have 150,000 miles on the clock by then); so I don't care; after 4 years it'll just be replaced by something else
+1

My Q5 is a tool to get me from A to B (I'll admit it is a nice tool to use) - I guess there will be demand for my 4 year old 100k+ mile Q5 at the right price.

I always look at it as I buy/ lease the vehicle I want at the time, and any money I get back when I come to trade it in is a bonus.

J

1 - 16 of 16 Posts