Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Aside from that, I seriously considered the 35d x3 and test drove it.
It seemed like it couldn't decide if it was rear or 4wd... Sometimes you got oversteer, sometimes under - it was totally unpredictable.
I also felt it wasn't that special inside, felt cheaper than the SQ5 - though the one I drove was a low spec car...

Obviously being a member of this forum I'm bias, but I owned a BMW before and was really keen to like the X3 when I drove it but it did nothing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm leaving a BMW for the Audi and I too had looked at both the X3 35d m sport and the X5 40d m sport. The X5 is being replaced and didn't really do it for me. The X3 is simply one ugly car. I just couldn't get on with the looks...there is something unresolved about the whole design. The engine in the X3 is noisy and I simply don't agree with the comments in Whatcar about the interior feeling classier...so the X3 is slower, noisy, has mixed handling and most importantly is a pig in the looks stakes compared to the Q5 and yet the X3 wins...another unbiased review from Whatcar!

I must ay, I do struggle with the BMW range at the moment. I will be interested to see the new M4 however; it may be a real looker.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Nice summary obsidian!

I'm also looking forward to seeing the M4 in the flesh...

Biggest thing I have an issue with BMW with is the excessive cost of the options... Gets silly by the time you put all the good bits on them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
706 Posts
Interesting article and probably an accurate reflection. Our HR director has an X3 2.0tdi, but I did not think that the cabin was as nice as te Audi. True the Audi switchgear is not to standard and well behind the new A6 and A7. There is one area which the tester did not comment on and that was ride quality. Even on 18 inch wheels, the 2.0 X3 was too bumpy for me as a passenger whereas the Q5 is far better in that department. Audi I am sure will correct things when the new Q5 reaches our shores.

PS I will be signing the paperwork for a new 3.0 Q5 on Saturday after a 3 week negotiation with my dealer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congratulations Shabazmo, I bet you're already excited...I hope you got a good deal for three weeks work!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts