Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Anyone out there considering getting a Q5 and maybe being put off by the increasing delays; it might be worth asking your dealer if they can 'tweak' one of their allocated showroom orders (if, of course, they have any beyond the minimum Audi requirement) to match your spec. I ordered my s line plus with options in mid may and picked her up 10th august (uk). Brand new and unregistered within two months.

With demand for these cars apparently on the increase (and i fully admit I got lucky), it may be that for most dealerships this might not be possible anymore, but it's worked twice for me with a Q7 and my new Q5.

Worth a go methinks.

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Good tip.............. good dealers will order vehicles on spec, knowing they can adjust the options to meet client requirements until the cut off date. My dealer does this regularly but reading some of the comments it appears my dealer is better than most. I have never been asked to pay a deposit. Before ordering my SQ5, I made an exclusive order for a Q5 S Line. Went in to dealer and asked how much to change my mind. Oh no worries and no charge, we shall just take delivery of your car and use it as a demonstrator. That did not happen, it was sold to a.n.other client within days.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Missile, I experienced the same as you with the local Aberdeen dealer. However, although I've bought Land Rovers for years from the local LR dealer they wanted £1,000 down before they would order a new RRS!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yes, not all dealers are the same - visit Peter Vardy at your peril.
Spot on about Peter Vardy..... but needs must sometimes as the Q5 won't be our only car and it's easier for pick up and collection with local dealer.

·
Registered
706 Posts
£5K deposit for my SQ5. List was £48K+, but got a good discount.

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
. I ordered my s line plus with options in mid may and picked her up 10th august (uk). Brand new and unregistered within two months.
you did well there, but wouldn't mid-May to 10 August would mean within 3 months?

i ordered mine mid May with a delivery for end of September - no tweaking and only waiting 4 months.

·
Registered
794 Posts
.... I stand corrected :)
lol i wasn't being a smart git i just wondered if i had missed something?

you still did better than most of us.

·
Registered
700 Posts
As you say 5K They must have thought you may be pulling the plug, there seems to be more and more discounts around now but the delivery dates are getting longer and longer , shame really but hopefully it will keep the used sq5 prices high

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I put 3k down, the dealer said they normally want 10% minimum but he would make the exception. I assumed this was a sales line to make me feel special though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
433 Posts
Never had to put anything down with Aberdeen Audi, great service from the dealership.

·
Banned
489 Posts
£500 for me.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I put down £5K. Yes £5000, and don't get delivery until January 2014

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nothing down at Aberdeen Audi too. They have been brilliant and I had heard so much bad press about them.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I think most dealers have bad days, if they treated everyone like shit their businesses would soon be in the ground, so many different sales guys ive found most over the years very good

1 - 20 of 22 Posts