Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I ordered a Q5 S-lIne plus back in april of last year and due to a dealer cock-up they brought in an S-Line non plus to the spec I ordered other than the missing options from the plus.

They could not retrofit and back in september I rejected the car.

I re-ordered with a pathetic compensation deal and now it has finally arrived at the docks.

The question is now or March 1st?

If I get it now, it means I'll have it in 7-10 working days.

My initial thought is I've waited this long why not hang on.

I also think that there is some value in the later plate and the niceness of having the newest reg for 6 months.

It's the wife's car and she doesn't care either way and couldn't tell the age of a car from its number plate anyway.

The dealer doesn't care either way, and most car sales people I know have said the reg isn't important, it's more about the model year.

Just wondered if you lot have any thoughts. Obviously I'm aching to get the car but not if it means wasting money come resale time.

The other thing is there's a nice pre mar 1st party in the dealer where they release the cars at midnight. I thought it might be nice to attend that.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I would wait the extra 7 and a bit weeks and get the new reg personally.

I ordered mine in August for March 1st delivery and its being built this week. I wanted March mainly for the new reg, but also because its moving towards the better weather.

Can't help thinking you would regret taking it now once you start seeing the new 13 plate in March.

You have waited this long.......

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just what I wanted, one of each.

I am inclined to wait on the basis that I've waited this long.

Very excited though - spec is awesome.

Anyone else got climate cupholders?

·
Banned
801 Posts
I apologize for asking but what do you get if you register in March or June. What you get with waiting March ?

I do not understand why wait another 45 days

Your car is MY2013 but manufacture is December 2012, the data exists in the service manual

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I apologize for asking but what do you get if you register in March or June. What you get with waiting March ?

I do not understand why wait another 45 days

Your car is MY2013 but manufacture is December 2012, the data exists in the service manual
In the UK the registration plates change twice a year to indicate the age of the vehicle. These registrations are issued on 1st march and 1st September. They used to be issued once a year on 1st August which led to a rush of people buying just then in order to have the latest registration. By spreading it over the year they were trying to reduce the rush and make the workload easier on the car industry.

Even now, as you can see by my dilemma, I am contemplating holding off in order to get the newest registration because when you sell the car the registration plate can have an effect on the value.

In the past, cars registered on 31 july would be worh hundreds of pounds less than a car registered a day later on 1st August. That is still the case to some degree, but obviously not as bad.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I wonder if the DVLA will be selling lots of private plates this time round if people do not want to see 13 on their car.
Conversely the 13 combination could be used to "spell" some interesting words.
BR13 TOL for example. Either way the DVLA make a killing.

·
Banned
801 Posts
In the UK the registration plates change twice a year to indicate the age of the vehicle. These registrations are issued on 1st march and 1st September. They used to be issued once a year on 1st August which led to a rush of people buying just then in order to have the latest registration. By spreading it over the year they were trying to reduce the rush and make the workload easier on the car industry.

Even now, as you can see by my dilemma, I am contemplating holding off in order to get the newest registration because when you sell the car the registration plate can have an effect on the value.

In the past, cars registered on 31 july would be worh hundreds of pounds less than a car registered a day later on 1st August. That is still the case to some degree, but obviously not as bad.
Thanks for the explanation

·
Registered
503 Posts
I wonder if the DVLA will be selling lots of private plates this time round if people do not want to see 13 on their car.
Conversely the 13 combination could be used to "spell" some interesting words.
BR13 TOL for example. Either way the DVLA make a killing.
I am going to keep the 13 plate for 6 months then put on an ageless 3 number/3 letter plate

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wait till March. I am!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Yep - but you'll lose more than that on the decreased trade in, hence whats the point unless you get hard on from have a 1st day new reg car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If the car is in the country I wouldn't hang about for it personally. Unless the dealer is storing it in a vacuum garage, I couldn't bear the thought of it being just left about for that long,

Reactions: Snow Man

·
Registered
963 Posts
You'll loose more from trade in on your current car than you will gain by waiting for a new 13 plate. Trade in prices change monthly.

So get it now and put your ageless plate on.

Reactions: Snow Man

·
Registered
578 Posts
I wouldn't bother waiting, its a 2013 car either way. The only way I would wait if I was only going to keep it 6 months, which I guess is very unlikely. Check out the residuals, 2011 "11" and "61s" are valued the same, the older the car gets the less it matters.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts