Audi Q5 Forum banner

Wait almost over...

7K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  davyk31 
#1 ·
After placing my order in september, my SQ5 arrived at the dealership on Saturday. Popped down there today for a quick peak... Nice treat on my birthday.

With any luck it will be ready for collection next week.

Can't wait.

#2 ·
Congrats!

That's a long wait at the dealer! Mine was only there a day... Most people 2-3 days based on reports here.

Looking forward to pics!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
The wait is purely on my part... I wasn't expecting the SQ5 so soon, so still got to sort out my BMW... Looks like I might part-ex...

#4 ·
Congratulations SQ5 Nic, you will love it,

i was waiting for the transporter to turn up, then i was gone in it like the wind within 2 Hrs !!!! Very sad now its gone but hey the monies going into better things, i will be back one day !

#5 ·
#6 ·
Congrats nic,will b seing you goin through bexley soon ,another sq on the manor,won't b hard 2 spot,ain't sin 1 our way yet 😄

#7 ·
Thanks guys.

Daza, think I saw you the other night coming off the A2 at Dartford Heath...

#8 ·
Ye prob,that's my turning, u can't miss those sexed up quad exhaust ,lol,hope to pass u soon😄

#9 ·
Sold my BMW on Autotrader within 4 days of putting it up, well worth it!

Congratulations though, looking forward to seeing the pics! You got very luck with such a short wait time
Have fun sleeping these next few nights, its well worth it!

#10 ·
Thanks for that ray...

Autotrader was my original plan (I've sold my last 2 cars, van and bike using them) but the BMW needs a small paint job on the rear bumper. (Happened in the carpark while I was at the gym... Very annoying...)

So might part-ex just to get the SQ5 quicker...

#11 ·
Congratulations mate - look forward to your pictures soon!

#13 ·
My part-ex is sorted. Signed all the paperwork today and arranged collection for Friday.

The excitement is building...

#15 ·
Glad your part ex is sorted mate. I am sure this week will fly for you!

#16 ·
I'd rather be like you G Dog and picking it up on Monday, but I was expecting a March delivery so it's all good...

#17 ·
Picked her up yesterday.

Very easy, pleasant collection, it took less than an hour to go through the paperwork and look around the car.

Plus some unexpected extras, I ordered a dog guard, but got the partition and roof bars for free.

First impressions - wow what an engine, for a large car the acceleration is breathtaking.

Well worth the wait...

#18 ·
Looks great, making me wonder if I should have ordered estoril!!!

You mentioned a dog guard. What are the options for this, I just really want something to keep the dog in the boot. Doesn't need any partition for the boot etc. price?

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
#21 ·
The dog guard options are in the Q5 accessories pdf (just google it)

In all my previous cars I've bought 'Travall' dog guards, these are great quality, quite cheap and very easy to fit, but I didn't like the way the 'Travall' guard fitted in the Q5.

The Audi guard covers the whole back of the rear seats, but it's not cheap at £246

I'll put some more pics up if the sun comes out...

Lol snowman, but still a bonus...

#25 ·
I would prefer a guard that just covers the gap at top of the rear seat, don't really need the full size item or the divider. Agree on the Travall system having a strange mounting system. Have found another one on Ebay that seems to just do what I want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.