Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi

What do you think is a fair part-ex price for my car?

Q5 SE TDi manual, meteor grey,
I owner '60' plate (01/09/2010)
16000 miles
serviced April 2012
Excellent condition
Extras: Comfort pack; remote tailgate, front and rear parking sensors, cruise control, blue tooth (with voice control), collapsible spare wheel

·
Registered
150 Posts
My nearest dealer has got one in stock almost identical spec to mine up at £27k but I don't expect I will get near that.

What did surprise me yesterday was the respnse to my question - "will you give me a bigger discount if I come with no part exchange" the answer was "it won't make any difference." I have formed the view that previous cars that I have sold were too old for them to put in their showroom hence they didn;t want the car and would give a bigger discount without it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
You have very low mileage on your car but unfortunately that doesn't affect the trade in values that much, also as it is the 2.0tdi manual without nav it won't fetch the best premiums. I would estimate a trade in offer of £20k and for it to go up on the forecourt at £23k-£24k.

It is comparable to this S-Line with higher mileage:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201211284422722/sort/default/usedcars/maximum-age/up_to_2_years_old/maximum-mileage/up_to_40000_miles/model/q5/make/audi/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/dy82hg/page/1/radius/1501?logcode=p

I'd put it up private for £22,500 and go for £21,500.

How much are they offering?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Try we buyanycar and add 1-1.5k to the price given.
or this might give you a rough idea, but remember the only options to add value is Nav and DSG

Franchised Dealer 
£20,895

Independent Dealer 
£20,500

Private Good 
£19,715

Private Poor 
£17,205

Part Exchange 
£ 18,530

·
Registered
100 Posts
The new 2013 model is now in oversupply with discounts of up to 14% possibly more on a good day, Result of this is that dealers are offering way below book price right now for trade in values . A long way from what the sittuation was last year 2011 when the demand for both new and second hand Q5's meant they had the best residuals of any 4 x4 and almost any other vehicle. Guess even Audi are being hurt with the credit crunch? Like Fords and Vauxhalls if they offer silly discounts it just hammers the residual value later when you come to sell it. My advice to anyone buying a new Q5 like myself if to hammer out the best discount before signing on the dotted line, at least that way you wont feel to out of pocket when you come to sell.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The Audi webisite shows a £1k discount on the Q5 which is a sign that its old hat now, there will be a brand new model in 2 years afterall. Not sure what the current hot Audi model is though? The new Q7 and TT arrive soon and Im betting zero discount on those. I sold my Q5 for £30k 8 months ago and now Id probably get £26k at a push now,£500 a month depreciation seems typical on a decent spec Audi unless you're lucky and pick a popular model thats in short supply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts