Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like they have updated it today for the MY15 car

On the SQ5 you can now choose and see the Red brake calipers (which do have SQ5 in black on them - our dealer wasn't sure).

It also has the tyre pressure monitor included as standard and a few wording / name changes to options.

On the seats, it now looks like for around £800 you have have the cross stitch seats which I have seen on the R8, which look nice but it doesn't show you a picture

sq5 red brakes.PNG

Attachments

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I assume the rears would b red to @ that £400 extra,and hopefully they put the sq5 logo on the rears aswel 😄

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
If it was a different caliper design for the extra £430 I might be tempted but rather suspect that Audi are shipping the standard black items out to an external supplier for a coat of red enamel and therefore the price they are asking falls into the bracket of 'imaginative'.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if the red paint falls off with a close encounter with a jet washer....I'm sure some folks will order them all the same......

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
They do look nice in red, would look good on my fire engine! Might be my next mod.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
If it was a different caliper design for the extra £430 I might be tempted but rather suspect that Audi are shipping the standard black items out to an external supplier for a coat of red enamel and therefore the price they are asking falls into the bracket of 'imaginative'.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if the red paint falls off with a close encounter with a jet washer....I'm sure some folks will order them all the same......
£430 is a chunk 4 a different colour,I was quoted £130 by a company in Essex to paint all 4 ,you drop the car off,they do the rest,then pick up next day,all done,I never got them done in the end due to my concern of wether it would invalidate the warranty on the calipers í ½í¸„

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
They do look nice in red, would look good on my fire engine! Might be my next mod.
I agree Missile, it would look rather special.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Red calipers but still retain the black badge plate.......just looks odd to me. As for a logo on the rear, it wont happen, none of the other cars have a rear logo with the exception of the R8 .

You don't even get a logo on the ceramic rear calipers although I think Audi have recently changed the design and some are now filtering through.

Watch this space though as I am working on something for mine.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Red calipers but still retain the black badge plate.......just looks odd to me. As for a logo on the rear, it wont happen, none of the other cars have a rear logo with the exception of the R8 .

You don't even get a logo on the ceramic rear calipers although I think Audi have recently changed the design and some are now filtering through.

Watch this space though as I am working on something for mine.
look 4ward to seeing this space filled í ½í¸„

·
Registered
85 Posts
Red calipers? what a load of nonsense - please don't waste your money on this - there are much better things to spend £430 on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts