Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer is trying to lock down my order and it won't allow this combination.
Anyone else had this issue?
It's an option in the brochure:
6SU Underfloor storage tray in boot. Includes reversible load mat with bumper cover. Size will differ depending on trim/options

Says it's available in the brochure, but my dealer is advising it will not allow the conbination... seems odd!

It's not down to the mandatory full size spare is it?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi Jamie Had this in the last Q5 with a collapsable spare wheel, i would say if you have requested a full size spare wheel then it would be too big to fit the underfloor storage box too.

You may be just as well ordering just the reversible map as the underfloor storage tray is a bit pointless, i found you colud sore more below floor without it !! the reversible carpet is good as it protects bumper when loading boot!!

Cheers Merlin

·
Banned
489 Posts
Can a full-size spare wheel be ordered in place of a space saver?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks Merlin. I've not ordered a full size spare but I get the now standard collapsable spare. On your advice though ill bin the underfloor storage. Thanks.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Can a full-size spare wheel be ordered in place of a space saver?
I Don't think it can, if you have the B&O sound system the base box in boot floor fits inside the collapsable spare wheel, so an answer to your question i would say unless you carry a full size spare wheel on the boot floor it will not fit.

Cheers Merlin

·
Registered
503 Posts
You may be just as well ordering just the reversible map as the underfloor storage tray is a bit pointless, i found you colud sore more below floor without it !! the reversible carpet is good as it protects bumper when loading boot!!

Cheers Merlin
Agreed, the area is huge under the floor and its all nicely carpet so no problems with things rattling around either.

Reactions: jamiekip

·
Registered
289 Posts
Pretty sure you cannot get a full sized spare to fit the under-floor wheel well of the car. The collapsible wheel only just fits in. Of course that does not stop you ordering a full sized spare wheel and an Audi wheel bag if you want the peace of mind of having a proper spare on board.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Regarding the reversible mat. Worth looking in the options brochure (which is separate) at the plastic load area liner. I wish I'd seen it before ordering the reversible mat.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I've got the reversible mat too - honestly speaking it's not that good - it's separate and not the width of the boot space either (would probably fit between the load rails if you had them installed), I've got the plastic load area liner too and the mat sits inside that. The underfloor stowage box is a funny shaped tub maybe 8" wide at the widest point - would take a coat. maybe just.

Reactions: jamiekip

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All useful points. Thanks.
I've cancelled the underfloor storage.
I'm going to keep the reverable mat as it may save the bumper from push chairs scraping it.
I'd already looked in to getting the semi rigid boot liner and it sounds like most people rate these.
Thanks again

Reactions: Steppy

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
See my signature - In the 6SU Underfloor storage tray in boot, I have reversible boot mat and underfloor storage and B&O. You're dealer is talking crap...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went through all of that with them Jose, but they said their system tells them that the configuration is 'unbuildable'.
Anyway, I've saved myself £54 for a night on the tiles lol

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I went through all of that with them Jose, but they said their system tells them that the configuration is 'unbuildable'.
Anyway, I've saved myself £54 for a night on the tiles lol
Only thing I can think is its changed for MY14?
No biggy tho as you say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's what I thought to.
Possibly due to collabsable spare?
Brochure out of date already then LOL

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Yea, the brochure is full of errors. Have you seen they still carried over the SQ5 wading depth issue I reported 4 months ago into the MY14 one?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
i went with the plastic protection on the bumper rather than the mat.
We have a load protector anyway so it made no sense - plus this way i can take it out and wash it..

·
Registered
140 Posts
I always wondered what you would do in the following situation:
  • Your car is full of passengers and luggage - all seats occupied and the boot full of suitcases etc etc
  • You get a puncture or blow out
  • You change to the collapsible spare wheel - hooray!
  • Where do you put your 20" alloy as it won't fit where the collapsible spare was?
  • Other than leave by the side of the road, leave suit cases or passengers!?

·
Registered
700 Posts
I always wondered what you would do in the following situation:
  • Your car is full of passengers and luggage - all seats occupied and the boot full of suitcases etc etc
  • You get a puncture or blow out
  • You change to the collapsible spare wheel - hooray!
  • Where do you put your 20" alloy as it won't fit where the collapsible spare was?
  • Other than leave by the side of the road, leave suit cases or passengers!?
THats Funny i did think the same Thou,!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yea, the brochure is full of errors. Have you seen they still carried over the SQ5 wading depth issue I reported 4 months ago into the MY14 one?

Hi Jose , Does your owners book mention the SQ5 wading depth ?? if so what does it say ??

Cheers Merlin

1 - 20 of 25 Posts