Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just purchased a Q5 S line 2ltr diesel with tech pack high. Hdd mmi 3g, no Dab radio or AMI.
I don't seem to be able to play DVD's, any idea why?

Thinking of retrofitting AMI & DAB.
Any good or bad stories re retrofitting. I live in UK.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just switch on the ignition and stick in the DVD and it works fine, I also have the tech pack high, check the hand book is case something isn't set. Some of the IT guys that are members will come up with more information.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Are you playing a commercial DVD or one burnt from your PC?

·
Registered
147 Posts
while driving or when stationary? read somewhere that you can't play dvds while driving..not sure though as I don't have the tech pack..

·
Registered
578 Posts
Maybe you have Nav 2G and not 3G. 3G comes with AMI as standard. 2G does not play DVD movies and is a cut down version.

Here's an easy way to check - look at the main MMI button that you use to control the nav/music/radio etc - does it have a smaller button inside it:

http://www.iamaudi.com/audi-2g-mmi-vs-audi-3g-mmi/

·
Banned
801 Posts
This section is:
New Member Introductions

If you are new to the site, please stop by here to say "hello" and tell us a little bit about yourself.

I understand that the new member was wrong place
I do not understand that the old members correspond in the wrong place

So there are sections:
- General Discussion
- AUDI Q5 Information & Specifications
- Reader's Drives
- Modifications & 'How To' Guides

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks for your help.
Can now play DVD's.
AMI system deffo not on it in glovebox but able to use an Auxillary point in armrest to plug in iPhone so not all bad.
Also managed to download iTunes music onto an SD card & can use that too & also downloaded it onto the hard drive jukebox yay.
Thanks again for replies & sorry for posting in wrong place lol :-/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts