Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here we are, a month after picking up the SQ5 and 1800 miles in.

Effortless performance
Makes me smile everytime I get in it
The sound when the exhaust is in Dynamic mode (Sport if no DS)
Build quality - that last forever feeling that Audi have and RR Evoques don't!
Fuel economy - sits in a band of between 37 and 41mpg remarkable given the instant mind boggling grunt on tap that's remarkable and as good or better than the 2.2 manual transmission Evoque. Drive Select Efficiency mode really helps here.
Easy to clean
The back window/rear of the car stays fairly clean when the roads are wet - certainly not a dirt magnet
Gorgeous interior - a genuinely nice place to be
Brakes - smooth, progressive and massive bite when needed
Audi Connect High

Not quite so good
Estoril Blue - I love blue, period. However Estoril only looks great if the sun is shining (then it's stunning), if its not then its flat midnight blue. I originally ordered Scuba and couldn't have it except as an Exclusive colour.
I'm the biggest fan of Audi's 3G+ HDD Sat Nav - however mine can't navigate to house numbers (the field is always greyed out) - does anyone else have this problem?
The B&O is brilliant - I'd like it to be louder though...yeah I'm nearly 56 and the hearing isn't as sharp as it used to be - deafened by the rattles in the poxy Evoque....sorry, pardon?

Other
When I first had the SQ the overall shape left me a bit cold (spoilt by the striking Evoque) - it's grown on me and now I understand it's shape, typical practical Audi design.
Have used Audi Connect High all of the 1800 miles with the nav display in Google Earth mode constantly and data usage is actually remarkably low - less than half of my 2.25GB monthly data allowance has been consumed including the data that the Samsung S3 uses in normal use. I'm happy with that.

The dealer has called to say that the special SQ5 collapsible spare wheel is in (was part of the deal) so going to collect that tomorrow.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Thanks for your report...
I'm at 5 weeks and 1900 miles and mine would be similar except for the rear staying clean... Mines gets muck up it in an instant if the road is damp while the rest if the car resists splatters from the tires for example quite well.

RE house numbers, you have to enter a street first. Usually there is only one option as you have put a post code in, so it's an annoying step as they really should have made it auto populate this if there is only one option within that postcode...

Really should hook my S3 up over my iPhone I think... Been holding out for the MY13 update to allow SIM+iPhone but your mentioning how good it is makes me think I'll try it the other way around...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
700 Posts
Great Report John, Glad your still enjoying the car, I afree with the B&O i think there is a secret option in the MMi it can be turned up !! ?
I love the colour too but as you say on dark dull days it looks more like my old TT Moro blue.

Your getting good fuel economy there but looks like its been on a few motorways etc. I have put this Gtechniq clean screen on the rear window and that works great too,
I collected my SQ5 Space saver wheel on Monday fits in well and hope i dont have to use it !!

All the best Merlin

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Merlin - I reckon that having a puncture and needing the spare wheel ought to come with a hospital appointment to get the resulting hernia fixed - that's a heavy wheel. Sod's law says that having a spare wheel in the boot equals probably not needing it....fingers crossed.
Thanks for your report...
I'm at 5 weeks and 1900 miles and mine would be similar except for the rear staying clean... Mines gets muck up it in an instant if the road is damp while the rest if the car resists splatters from the tires for example quite well.

RE house numbers, you have to enter a street first. Usually there is only one option as you have put a post code in, so it's an annoying step as they really should have made it auto populate this if there is only one option within that postcode...

Really should hook my S3 up over my iPhone I think... Been holding out for the MY13 update to allow SIM+iPhone but your mentioning how good it is makes me think I'll try it the other way around...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Jose, I'll have a play!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well lets see, i thought the same, its like carrying an extra body round the weight of it, !! that wont do much for your MPG
i figured id rather change a wheel than pump that fluid it to my 21" tyre lets hope your theory works out well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts