Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife backed our Q5 into a fence post the bumper is scuffed and scratched. I think it needs a new bumper to be honest as I don't want it filling. If I go to my insurance company they'll tell us to go to our local repair shop but there is no way I'm taking it there. Any ideas?

·
Still Game
4,610 Posts
You might be surprised. I certainly was. The Audi repair shop wanted £860 when I scuffed my front bumper

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our local direct line approved repair centre is not very good, our previous car went their twice and I was not happy with the work carried out on both occasions so I don't want the Q5 to go there. I'm going to a well recommended independant body shop for a quote next week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A "person" took out the whole drivers side of my A3 cabrio while yakking on her mobile,my insurers wanted to send the car to a local vauxhall dealer for repair and I hit the roof-I assured the broker that the car would be returned to the garage unless I was 100% happy and I am very fussy!-I was very worried about the sub frame with it being a cabrio.
I also pointed out that I would be keeping the very expensive 3 series loan car at their expense until I was completely satisfied,they caved in eventually.
regards
ps-I work in the insurance industry so I know how a get my way-just keep nagging at them and note down all your calls etc-threaten them with the ombudsman and tell them you will be invoicing them for your time spent chasing them up.
Simon

·
Registered
66 Posts
Simon may have a view on this but I have been told for years when trying to get the best renewal that certain brands, like Audi, are expensive to insure because they are expensive to repair (Audi charges). Thus I have no qualms in insisting that the repair is carried out by an Audi centre. I've only, fortunately, had to do this once but my insurance company backed down immediately.

Good luck

·
Still Game
4,610 Posts
When my wife's TT was vandalised, I insisted it was repaired by Audi. A friend of mine's A4 went to an "approved" repair centre. It has been back 3 times for remedial work and it is still not satisfactory.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went to a body shop with a good reputation they quoted £490 to patch up the damage in the bumper and respray, replace the rear left lens (it's cracked) and replace the underside spoiler. The excess on our policy is £300 so I'm going ahead and will just pay for it. Morale of the story don't reverse with the fans on full so you can't hear the reversing sensors bleeping their warning at you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts