Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE DONE 11K MILES AND THE FRONT SET HAVE APPROX 2K LIFE LEFT IN THEM
REAR SET ABSOLUTELY FINE.FITTED WITH DUNLOP SP SPORT 235X55 19R WAS EXPECTING MUCH BETTER WEAR AND AM LOOKING TO REPLACE WITH A DIFFERENT MANUFACTURER IN THE HOPE THAT I WILL GET GREATER WEAR. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE

·
Registered
147 Posts
What model do you have? do you drive enthusiastically? I would have thought 13k if you drive quickly is normal, you have to remember it is alot of weight and momentum that you are chucking into the corners
kc

·
Registered
963 Posts
I've had Dunlops on previous cars.........quite a soft rubber. You could try Michelin. If mine arrives with Bridgestones then when they are due replacement I will go with Michelins........pending any better alternatives by then.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Forgot to say 13K on a Q5 seems quite low...........that's the sort of mileage I was getting on my big heavy RRS which is very poor!

I'd have thought the Q5 being much lighter than a LR RRS would have better tyre wear than that.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I had Dunlop Sport Maxx on the A4, they were changed at 16500miles IIRC...wear was pretty even across all 4 if anything the rears were slightly better. I did swap them for Dunlops again as even tho they went at 16k i found them great in the dry, wet and snow personally. The only issue I had was last winter when it got very cold...the first time the tyres moved after a long standstill there was a judder like they were skipping over the surface (just like wheel spinning). Have Pirellis on the new car...not looking forward to changing those at over ?200 per corner

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ive had Brdgestones fitted from new....Have done 23K miles and must be at least 3 to 4k miles left on them..

I swapped the fronts with the backs at about 16k miles...

Very happy with the Bridgestones bags of grip and good wear..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts