Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running 255/45/20 tyres and have winter tyres 255/50/20 from my discovery, the rear tyres is not an issue but the clearance for the front ones will be tight regarding the suspension arms.
Has anyone tried to fit the 50 prifile tyre on yet.

I am not concerend about the legal requirement and the speedo/mileage being out by pratically nothing, I know about the 1 inch difference in the diameter.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sold my Vredestein tyres and purchased the Audi winter wheel tyre deal, will see how these Dunlops compare to the Vredestein's

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The difference I have noticed already the car wants to move about the road more compaired to the 20's this may be because of the higher profile and narrower tyre, but its still kicking up a lot of mud with the smaller tyres on. I wish I could source mud flaps for the s-line plus would make a great difference, even the rear tyres leave great deposits attached to the under bumper.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes they have the plastic around the front arches and smaller plastics around the rear arches, the most of the dirt id thrown up from the wheels to the sills and the doors. I am not to bothered about it, just harder to clean and hopefully my sons take the same care when cleaning also.

The mud flaps for the s-line's have not went into production yet, something to do with the contour of the body panels, someone mentioned wheel size also but the 20's have plenty clearence around them even at full lock. I asked Aberdeen Audi again but no flaps available, will be the same with the new A3 s-line, so now I will have 2 dirty cars.

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
If your wife and sons are anything like mine you will be washing and fueling both cars.

Ah well, looking on the bright side ............. a chance to admire two fine automobiles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts