Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Well the time for the 1st service and new tyres has nearly arrived. We've done nearly 20k miles, our cars a 2 ltr manual s-line,

Firstly can anyone give me a rough idea of the 1st service price from Audi? Does it vary which dealer you go to, or are they all the same price?

Secondly, tyres. The cheapest 235/55 R19 W (101) ive found so far are Bridgestone D-Sport HP at £187.55 each, fitted, from Blackcircles.com. But on their site they are also selling Bridgestone D-Sport HP Audi at £241.78 each, whats the difference between the tyres except the price?

Can anyone please advise.

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't know about the service as mine is only due in about a 1000 miles. On the tyres, I can recommend the Pirelli Scorpion Verde. I have them fitted on my Q5 and they still look brandnew after 16000km. The Scorpion Verde and the Continental Cross Contact UHP have just come out joint first in a spanish autocar tyre test out of 15 tyres. The test car was a 3.2 litre Q5. Hope that helps. In Spain, they are both roughly the same price as the Bridgestone you talked about.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Matt,

The difference between the two tyres is that the Audi tyres (Which will be marked AO on the actual tyre) are manufactured to Audi standards. BMW (* Marking) and Mercedes (MO Marking) all follow the same system.

Now whether there really is any difference between the tyres I don't know, but some on the forums have suggested that to fit a non approved tyre may impact your insurance and definitely your warranty. Say for example you had a blow out which caused a crash, an Insurance company may contest that you had non-approved tyres fitted. Not working in the Insurance industry I can't comment directly. That said you can see the line they may want to take.

Having just checked Blackcircles; the Audi Tyre is now £205.08. If it were me, for the sake of less £20 a tyre I won't take the risk. I have had my Bridgestones for 15,000 miles and there is still oodles of tread left. I am really impressed with them, they last a long time and in the snow over last winter I had no complaints.

I have a 3.0TDi SLine.

Regards
Secret Squirrel

·
Registered
66 Posts
If this insurance thing was really true then all the non-major brand tyres would be illegal as none of them come as standard on a new car thus all would invalidate insurance!

As long as it is the correct size, correct speed rating and a new tyre your insurance company won't have a leg to stand on. And £20 a tyre is £80 all round!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts