Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
3D or not?

Led/LCD or plasma?

Panasonic or Sony?

Gosh it's so complicated. I know it has to be 46" and I'm leaning towards the Panasonic TX-P46VT20 because there are some good deals

But......then what about the Sony KDL-46HX903?

Any one compared or got one of these?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or wait till next year and see what upgrades appear? Lol

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
3D - its very refined - just question do you want it?
still yet to see an LCD or LED out perform a Plasma
curveball for you Josh - LG - dont underestimate them based on price

·
Registered
963 Posts
Tbh I don't really want 3D because if I go that route I will have to replace my receiver that I bought last year because it won't take hdmi 1.4

What I'd like is a very high quality picture in HD, BD and standard def from a Sky source with a nice black gloss frame just like the elderly Pioneer plasma it is going to replace on the wall. In fact I wish I'd bought one of the last of the Pioneer Kuros. I know there is the odd one still about, but the price being asked is way too much.

Any suggestions Kaine?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone got a Panasonic TX-P46G20B

·
Registered
963 Posts
I shall pop around to the shop in next couple of days and have a demo. Not going to get one this side of Xmas anyway so got time.

Thanks Kaine.

Shame the Panny V range isn't in black and with a 46" screen. I wonder if that is a possibility next year
It's as bad as choosing options on a car

·
Registered
963 Posts
Ah well Panny VT50 ordered after all that.

Picture quality is really very good, free 3D blu ray player and 5 year warranty.

And for now I don't need to change my receiver......phew

Also in time for Xmas. I know I changed my mind.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Having said I don't need to change my receiver I have yet again changed my mind and traded the old one in against the Pioneer LX83 before it looses any more value in the technology race

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone know if it's worth getting a plasma ISF calibrated?

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Anyone know if it's worth getting a plasma ISF calibrated?
its a tough oen to answer - I've done some screen calibrations where the improvements are small and probably not worth it. Over the last few years, the variation in performance out of the box has got bigger so it may be worth it

Are you happy with it? If yes then I'd leave it

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Kaine. I'll wait till the New Year. Install being done on 22nd Dec.

Hope the installers can get a right angle solution from Chord for the hdmi out of the rear of the telly. Space is very tight and Chord cables aren't very bendy. So it needs a port saver.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cablesson connections any good

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Done some trading in and finally settled with the following....

Panasonic PDP50VT20B screen

Pioneer LX83 receiver

Pioneer LX54 Bluray

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Josh

interesting to hear feedback on the LX54 load time - the older units are incredible slow to load discs

Kaine

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'll let you know.

I've got the 52 currently and yes it's a little slow. But we're only talking 30 secs or so, which doesn't bother me.......got plenty of time after all

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kaine,

I haven't got time for a part time job. Got my daily chores.....cooking, cleaning, ironing, shopping etc. Fitted around exercise and dog walking. Got painting and gardening too lol!

Anyway not a lot of work around at the moment...... But I still wouldn't put any money on me working again

1 - 20 of 31 Posts