Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
842 Posts
Well I finally got ground to installing my new LED's from Tunerdomes and I'm very impressed. No error codes if you follow the procedure on their website and a much better appearance post modification (how a 40k+ car should come out the factory if you ask me).

Before with standard bulbs
Standard 1.jpg

After with Tunerdomes LED's
LED 1.jpg

Will post the pics from the interior lights once I've done that as well but I need some plastic trim removal tools to get the houses and the power supplies off - dont want to risk blowing a fuse using a screw driver as I've read on other forums that the lights are on the same fuse as the power steering and dont want to lose that in the back of beyond where we are for Christmas!

How To

LED v OEM - http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j337/carlchapman80/Q5016.jpg

Removal of original housing - http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j337/carlchapman80/Q5022.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I thought you might have cleaned the car before posting pics! :)

As I mentioned in an earlier post, these lights are a def for me. I'm just holding off on the order pending your review/pics of the interior light upgrade so crack on and get them installed!!! :-D

Did you manage to find some trim removal tools? I did a search on eBay for 'trim tool' and there are loads out there. I have ordered a set of these -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOJO-BLUE-GENIUS-CAR-INTERIOR-TRIM-CLIP-PRY-TOOL-KIT-/170675295396?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item27bd0a54a4#ht_1061wt_738

Cheers chopper and keep up the good work.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha Spike you cheeky git!

Pics were taken at my mums over Christmas so haven't had chance to clean it yet. Wash, clay and wax is due this weekend plus the installation of the interior LEDs. Off to pick up trim removal tools tomorrow from a local supplier plus only £6! During my reasearch on the American forums the bojo tools certainly get good reviews but I don't want to spend the £30 for something I'll only use once. Alot of the trim isnt that difficult to remove by the looks of things.

·
Registered
249 Posts
They look miles better. Are you doing the front fogs too?

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going to get some ordered in the New Year. Got the trim tools from a company in Dewsbury that sell on eBay for £6. Like I said the majority of the trim can be removed with careful use of a screw driver but I just wanted the plastic ones to avoid blowing any fuses as you have to work with the lights on to avoid any cambus errors. Anyone who's interested I'll post some links and a how to over the weekend.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Spent most of the day cleaning all the crap off the car after a 320 mile round trip to Norfolk and the heavens have decided to open and mess it up!!

There are some pics in the fog upgrade procedure I posted earlier but I have atached a pic of mine. Only iPhone quality but it does show the white light rather than the naff yellow standard bulbs.

photo (4).JPG

Attachments

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are they the Xenon match ones spike?

How did you access the bulbs though the trim or through the wheel arch?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Chopper

They are the Xenonlook bulbs and I went through the whee arch. Having changed the fogs on both my A5 and S5 I can confirm the wheel arch method is 100% easier and safer with regards to damaging the fog surround.

All the details are in your thunderdomes group buy thread.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts