Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Q5 will be 12 months old next year and I'm considering changing back to a saloon. It has loads of kit on it - at least 10K worth. Low mileage - 6K.
So does anyone know what the current trade in values are for a high spec low mileage Q5 2.0TFSI Stronic sline against say, a new A5 Sportback sline or new A6 sline?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I would speak to your dealer pronto - they have some sales initiative on at the moment (Quattro?), but the deal has to be done before the end of December apparently?

I have been made an excellent offer for my 20 month old car, which has unbelievably increased my initial equity in it. They coupled this with a better finance rate, which means I am very tempted to swap out to a new car.

·
Registered
578 Posts
@keen - Audi are very keen to obtain popular cars such as the Q5, also a recent report by MSN stated that the Q5 only depreciates 20% over the first 3 years. Therefore I would envisage your car being worth 10% less than you paid for it.

You will find that you will get the best offer by selecting the least popular new car, the A5 coupe and the A6 have around £4k off at the moment plus 7.5% APR deals however you probably won't get this on an A5 sportback which are more popular. I was tempted bythe A8 which has £10k off and 4.5% APR - my payments would almost be the same as the Q5!

Here's a link to the offers and good luck! http://www.audi.co.uk/explore-models/audi-offers.html

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.
nsm3 - Can't find anything re a 'quattro' deal on the web so will speak with the local dealer.
Kramer - Would love the A5 coupe but no good for the kids!
Looks like it may be an A6 then. Is an Audi dealer likely to do the 4K discount on the A6 or would that only be obtained by using a broker?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well I have opted to renew my existing S-Line with an S-Line plus, having all the options I currently have and adding the sky roof, elec memory seats/mirrors, tyre sensors, DAB, parking plus - all for £15/month less than I am paying now!

The residual on the Q5 is the best I have experienced, only dropping £5k in 2 years (they have guaranteed the cost to change in April).

Feel pretty pleased with this :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Audi will do the £4k discount on the A6, it's on their website on the link I posted!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'll be looking to sell my Q5 in a couple of months when the X3 arrives. At that point it will be 18 months old, prob not much over 7k miles and is a 2.0 TDI Sline with a lot of extra options. I am not going to trade it (I don't have a liquidity issue and want to get the best price) so was thinking of listing it on autotrader in advance. I wonder if its worth contacting local Audi dealers for their buyback offers? I seem to remember one guy back along listed on autotrader and was called by several dealers and had money wired to him within days.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'll be looking to sell my Q5 in a couple of months when the X3 arrives. At that point it will be 18 months old, prob not much over 7k miles and is a 2.0 TDI Sline with a lot of extra options. I am not going to trade it (I don't have a liquidity issue and want to get the best price) so was thinking of listing it on autotrader in advance. I wonder if its worth contacting local Audi dealers for their buyback offers? I seem to remember one guy back along listed on autotrader and was called by several dealers and had money wired to him within days.
Hi dnw - Did you get any further with this? I'm in the same position and was wondering exactly the same thing... Would pistonheads be a good place too?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Still a couple of months off for me. Current plan is to list on pistonheads and autotrader at a good but sensible price and see what happens.

·
Registered
550 Posts
If there's anyone selling up / trading in their Q5s & have the spare wheel, would you consider selling the spare to me beforehand? :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I can only agree with how well the q5 has held its value.
I've had mine 2 years this month. We were looking at selling it and was offered only 11% less than what i paid for it brand new simply by doing a dealer buy back. No doubt private sale would get a higher price but for the convenience I'll prob stick with the dealer.
Sorry but no spare wheel to sell on, i too missed out on this when ordering

·
Registered
249 Posts
I can only agree with how well the q5 has held its value.
I've had mine 2 years this month. We were looking at selling it and was offered only 11% less than what i paid for it brand new simply by doing a dealer buy back. No doubt private sale would get a higher price but for the convenience I'll prob stick with the dealer.
Sorry but no spare wheel to sell on, i too missed out on this when ordering
How many miles had it done?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am thinking of trading in my April 2011 registered Q5 S-Line Special Edition with full options to order a new one. The milleage on it just reached 9000. Any idea what the trade in value is likely to be? Just thinking if I keep it for too long it may loose lots more value. Hoping to order a new Q5.

Any suggestions please? Will be highly appreciated

·
Registered
147 Posts
Only 12k as it was the wifes runaround car to get kids to school and her to work.
It was only a 2.0tdi se model so not really one of those £40000+ cars most on here seem to own.
Hi Barry

Sorry to go off topic for a quick question. In these 2 years have you had any DPF issues with those short runs? Mine is a similar spec and would be similar use. Just looking for a real time feedback. Thnx

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Barry

Sorry to go off topic for a quick question. In these 2 years have you had any DPF issues with those short runs? Mine is a similar spec and would be similar use. Just looking for a real time feedback. Thnx
None whatsoever. I do occassionally give it a little drive to work and give it a boot just to clear it, getting the big clouds of black smoke out the back. No issues with alarm lights on car or anything like that. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am thinking of trading in my April 2011 registered Q5 S-Line Special Edition with full options to order a new one. The milleage on it just reached 9000. Any idea what the trade in value is likely to be? Just thinking if I keep it for too long it may loose lots more value. Hoping to order a new Q5.

Any suggestions please? Will be highly appreciated

·
Registered
279 Posts
You need to ask your dealer (obviously), but I doubt it will have dropped more than £3-4k?

·
Registered
147 Posts
None whatsoever. I do occassionally give it a little drive to work and give it a boot just to clear it, getting the big clouds of black smoke out the back. No issues with alarm lights on car or anything like that. Hope that helps.
Nice..! thanks Barry..! Makes me feel much better..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts