Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just discovered my 10 day old Q5 doesn't have the "tyre pressure loss indicator" that I specified and paid for, I wasn't shown It on the handover and I forgot to mention It to salesman..

I checked my tyre pressures today and went Into the MMI to reset the TPMS and.... nothing there..

I phoned the dealer who Informed me the salesman I dealt with Is on a day off today, so better If I speak to him tomorrow..they did confirm It wasn't on my order..

I realise It Is a relatively inexpensive extra but I was keen to have it..might save me a tyre or two @ £225 a corner

Can these be retro fitted?

Anybody had similar problems and advice please on how I should approach this...

Cheers

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
814 Posts
I checked my tyre pressures today and went Into the MMI to reset the TPWS and.... nothing there..

Keep meaning to get around to doing this, may I be lazy & ask what you set them to, ie what is the book settings for the 2.0 S-line Plus ?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Its an important add on as you say, it can save you a lot of money on tyres as I have done on my A7. If you have paid for it, then the dealer must make good.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
[/size]

Keep meaning to get around to doing this, may I be lazy & ask what you set them to, ie what is the book settings for the 2.0 S-line Plus ?
It's written on the inside of ur drivers door,but on 21" it's 34 psi all round ,I think it's 30 psi on 20"í ½í¸„

·
Registered
768 Posts
33 psi for the 20's on my Q5 (3 folk in car .... More if 4+).

·
Registered
529 Posts
You mean tpms.
its just coding - but Audi won't do it.
You can programme it through VAG but only if you have the compatible ABS system fitted. Its identifiable via the serial numbers in your warranty/owners information pack. I wanted it but of course mine is not compatible :-(

·
Registered
529 Posts
It's written on the inside of ur drivers door,but on 21" it's 34 psi all round ,I think it's 30 psi on 20"������
Mine says 29 rear and 33 front for 21"

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Jose said 34 all rnd, I jst keep em @ that������
Pity he has disappeared, he knew more technical data about the Q5 than an Audi mechanic

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update guys

Salesman emailed back today to say...

It has been their mistake, and also It cannot be retro fitted according to the service manager. He will consult the general manager regarding the matter, In the meantime...

He Is asking " how I would like to take this forward from here"

Any suggestions....

Do I have grounds for asking for my first service eg.. FOC ....as a good will gesture for their Incompetency...

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Update guys

Salesman emailed back today to say...

It has been their mistake, and also It cannot be retro fitted according to the service manager. He will consult the general manager regarding the matter, In the meantime...

He Is asking " how I would like to take this forward from here"

Any suggestions....
I think your being a bit to generous to them, the TPMS might be cheap however it's a god send and could save u lots of £ on tyres that could be fixed via puncture,instead of a new tyre needed ,where ur not aware of a puncture,so don't look @ how cheap the cost was,look @wat it was worth 2 u having it,one tyre is nearly the cost of the free service ur after,I'd say @ least 2 free services,like u said it can't b put right,so they should over compensate for there mistake IMO í ½í¸„

Do I have grounds for asking for my first service eg.. FOC ....as a good will gesture for their Incompetency...

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I'd not bother as long as i got the money paid returned
If you do, go for something thats easy to do - accessories or alike.

·
Registered
706 Posts
The financial reason why you have TPMS is to prevent you ruining a tyre £230 if you have a puncture, so I would go for tyre insurance for the duration that the car is yours.

Reactions: Hectorshouse

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
That sounds like the rite remedy 4 this mistake,shabazmo 😄

·
Banned
489 Posts
I know it's too late now for you but didn't you get the screen shot of the order system sent to you after you had made it? I was able to pre-check all items. In fact I was asked to confirm that my order was correct. (Or are you saying that the factory dropped off here?)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I'd see if you can negotiate for replacement vehicle, its std spec on MY2015. Probably a bit extreme but you haven't got what you paid for have you?

In truth it isn't terribly useful because of the way it works, uses the ABS sensors to work out if the tyre has changed shape rather than via a modified valve/sensor approach so you can't see what the actual pressure is at any given time.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'd see if you can negotiate for replacement vehicle, its std spec on MY2015. Probably a bit extreme but you haven't got what you paid for have you?
And an upgrade to SQ5 while your at it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts