Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any body know if Tyre Pressure Monitoring can be retro fitted on a Q5, is it just a case of buying the transmitters located in wheels and programming them in ??

Thanks for your help, I didnt include on options list and feel i should have done!!

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
They can be retro fitted, I would suggest you ask a Audi inde or two for a quote.

Out of interest, how good do you find the advanced park?

·
Registered
221 Posts
They can be retro fitted, I would suggest you ask a Audi inde or two for a quote.

Out of interest, how good do you find the advanced park?
I find the camera very difficult to judge and rarely use it. I prefer to use the mirrors and the graphics display. Wish I hadn't ordered it.

Same with the dipping passenger mirror in reverse, I've gone back to normal setting most of the time.

·
Banned
801 Posts
There are two models TPMS which uses Audi:

http://www.audi.com/...em.browser.html

If your model ABS system supports the can do this quickly and easily:
http://www.audienthu.../VagComABS.html

Install another system with sensors is complicated, because you need to remove dashboard to connect control unit for pressure on the processor.........

Of course the price is high: control unit 270 Euro + 85 Euro sensors wheel .............

·
Registered
503 Posts
I find the camera very difficult to judge and rarely use it. I prefer to use the mirrors and the graphics display. Wish I hadn't ordered it.

Same with the dipping passenger mirror in reverse, I've gone back to normal setting most of the time.
That's interesting to hear as I debated whether or not to spec it and in the end I didn't. I used it in the demonstrator and I found it odd to use but thought I may get used to it, but I am glad I didn't bother now.

However I find the dipping mirror in reverse very helpful now I have adjusted it so it doesn't dip too much.

·
Registered
221 Posts
That's interesting to hear as I debated whether or not to spec it and in the end I didn't. I used it in the demonstrator and I found it odd to use but thought I may get used to it, but I am glad I didn't bother now.

However I find the dipping mirror in reverse very helpful now I have adjusted it so it doesn't dip too much.
The dipping mirror can be very useful and as it is standard then even better. I mainly reverse into a double garage with another car alongside so having it dipped can make it more difficult.

very useful to avoid kerbing though.

Reactions: Steppy
1 - 6 of 6 Posts